Need help programming

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
EBDS

Hi folks. I am probably missing something obvious but here goes:

I have 4 identical lights (actually Chauvet Freedom Par Quad-4). I have each set to a different color. What I want is for the first one to come on and stay on, then the second one (so two are on), then the third (so three are on), and then the fourth (so they're all on), then all go out and start again.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I would also like to be able to control the speed at which it's happening.

Can somebody help me see what I'm missing as far as how to program that? I sure would appreciate it.

Rob
Patfrwar

hello

for doing what you want, the better for you is to look here : http://www.qlcplus.org/tutorials.html
all you need are explain

best regards
EBDS

Thanks but I was looking for a little more help than that.
Patfrwar

hello

I have begin to create a tutorial for QLC+ but it is in French language
in this i explain how to to what you want

if you want to look it, send me a mail

but the better way to use QLC+ is to look all the Video tutorial from Massimo

to do a chase like you want , you must buid 4 scene
on the first scene you set the on the first fixture the colour '(what you want) and the dimmer to max (255) the three other fixture must have dimmer to 0
then you duplicate this scene and on this one you only change de second fixture with colour (what you want) and the dimmer to max (255)
then you duplicate the last scene on this one you only change de third fixture with colour (what you want) and the dimmer to max (255)
you duplicate an other time and on this one you only change de fourth fixture with colour (what you want) and the dimmer to max (255)

afte, you create a chase, and in this chase you add your four scene
you change the maintain time to 2 seconds for sample and you play

sorry for my poor english

Best regards
siegmund

Patfrwar wrote:I have begin to create a tutorial for QLC+ but it is in French language
in this i explain how to to what you want
It would be great to share this in the Community section for other French users that are not so familiar with the English language.
janosvitok

To make a chaser with 4 or 5 scenes (last one all four off) seems to me like the simplest way.

However, I'd create the scenes only with dimmer channels. That way you can change colors independently.
Scene 1: X---
Scene 2: XX--
Scene 3: XXX-
Scene 4: XXXX
Scene 5: ----
X @full, - @0

Unfortunately, RGB matrix does not work on dimmer channels only.
yokosuna

> Unfortunately, RGB matrix does not work on dimmer channels only.
Same for me and my solution: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9816