Button caret closes the program

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
Flight

Hi folks, I´m using QLC+ with a german keyboard layout.
Pressing the button caret ^ during operation mode closes the program.
Can I prevent this?
edogawa

I think you should pass a bit more information or a workspace or at least a recipe to reproduce.
Which version of v5 exactly, what OS, external hardware etc.

Also v5 doesn't even have an operating mode anymore as v4 does.
I tried on Linux with two Appimages - a very recent version 20230430 built by github CI and the latest beta3 test version with german keyboard setting. Pressing the caret key did nothing evil, no matter if in 2d/3d preview, virtual console, or while editing a widget.
Flight

I'm a total novice with this program and have only been getting used to it for a few days.
The version is the latest 4.12.6 from the homepage, not the 5 beta.
Is it recommended to already use the 5 beta?
Platform Windows10, the keyboard of the laptop would be sufficient for my purposes. Additional hardware is a USB adapter DSD-Tech with FTDI chip
I have put on some devices as a test and tried different scenes and chasers. I am very surprised how easy and intuitive everything is possible with QLC+. Only the ^ key causes a crash.
Flight

In the meantime I have tested 5 beta. That doesn't seem to happen with the button.
The interface is very different here. I will then familiarize myself with version 5. :)
I'm sure many questions will arise, you will hear from me, thanks :D