Collections: fade/loop times wrong for RGB Matrix and EFX

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
giacomo

You prepare an RGB matrix or an EFX and finally you're happy with the fades and loop times,
when you assign these functions to a collection with a scene, these times do not correspond anymore to the real output, at least if you play them inside a Cue List.
I upload the file I've been working on, I had to use often a loop back channel to be able to play a scene with an effect.
Ravel.qxw
(94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
mcallegari

Giacomo, can you please elaborate this one into a simple usage case that I can reproduce?
Or the steps to reproduce it from an empty project
Thanks
giacomo

Hi Massimo,
unfortunately these days I'm not working and I cannot test it, it's difficult to watch the behavior on the dmx view and my 3D view is lagging for these important details .
Please someone else could do a test? Fredje (GGGss)?
Could you test the movement and colors for EFX and RGB matrix, inside a Collection and with the Collection in a Cue List?

The problem was that for a collection - with RGB matrix or EFX together WITH A SCENE - in a cue list, the fade in times (at that moment fade out was not still implemented) and the loop times were not respected, I'd say even messed up because I couldn't understand what was happening.
We were approaching the premiere so I didn't have time to spend on it and report it correctly, to overcome the issue I've used a loopback channel in the cuelist/scenes to launch the efx and the rgb matrix.

I'll try to break down the show file tomorrow, for the time being I did a test with just dimmers watching the dmx view, here the file.
fx time cue list.qxw
(14.16 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Massimo, the fade-in is working but the fade-out not.
I've separated all the functions (copies) to be sure that they weren't influencing each other, when testing cue list vs. buttons.
You can try the EFX solo, the Collection solo, and finally the cue list.
In all 3 the cases the fad-in is showing the pattern rising following the time, the fade-out it's a cut :(

Important question: in cue-list, the EFX/RGB fade-in time should be the one from the cue-list or the one from the Collection/EFX/RGB?
Personally I'd answer that the time of the Collection/RGB/EFX has precedence, to respect the RGB matrix and EFX times, this would be useful also when multiple RGB/EFX functions are inside a Collection and they've different times.
Cue-List fade-in/out times should be used for the scenes insides the Collection, I find this behavior the most versatile and safe.

shortcuts
CTRL+] play/pause ... CTRL+[ stop ... ] next ... [ prev
\ Collection
| EFX
giacomo

Dear Massimo, I've got it!
efx time cue-list.qxw
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
efx: fade-in 20 secs - loop 5 secs - fade-out 20 secs

.open the file and split VC and 3D view, play a moment and stop "spot white on" > just to prepare the correct position;
.launch the "new collection" while watching the 3D [ fade in light 5 secs - "fade in" efx 20 secs - loop 5 sec ] [btw the efx fade-in is beauty now]
.stop it >> 1st bug: the light fades out is 5 secs but the efx has a cut (it should fade-out in 20 secs)

.play the cue list [red light]
.next cue >> 2nd bug: the light and exf have a fade-in of 2 secs (and for me the efx should fade-in 20 secs) but the loop now has a time of around 23 secs ??
.next cue >> 3rd bug: the light fade to red in 2 secs but the efx has a cut (and for me again it should fade-out in 20 secs)

As written in the original post, when you play an efx or rgb matrix in a cue list the loop time doesn't correspond anymore.
ps.
If everybody is happy, as written in the last part of the post above, I propose that the cue list doesn't control the fade-in/fade-out time of the efx/rgb - otherwise it would be impossible to launch a collection with different times for intensities and efx/rgb, as it would be impossible to lauch a collection with multiple efx/rgb.
In this case I also suggest to rename the efx/rgb fade-in/out time to not make confusion:
what about "loop-in" "loop" "loop-out"?
Yestalgia

Okay I have spent some time on this.

First Bug:
giacomo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 pm .stop it >> 1st bug: the light fades out is 5 secs but the efx has a cut (it should fade-out in 20 secs)
I was able to observe the same behaviour on my machine.

Video of first bug:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2uDk9AaPtA[/youtube]
giacomo

Valentine's Eve... some love for v5?
dear Massimo, do you think that EFX could be completed after 6 months?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15676

Happy Valentine’s Day
mcallegari

dear Massimo, do you think that EFX could be completed after 6 months?
I won't reply to this