Showtec Net 2/3

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
MatthiasL

Dear Forum-Team,

has anybody experience with the Node Showtec Net 2/3 and can help me?
Unfortunately I can´t archiev any succes to connect this node with QLC and suspect it is due to my lack of network knowledge :-(

In the reviews of Thoman I saw that someone had managed it. But with these tricks it does not work for me.

A thread about this problem I haven´t found, if I missed something, please link and I delete the thread.

Many thanks
Matthias
GGGss

Matthias, Welcome.

Can you at least explain a bit what your setup is. Asking for help for something that doesn't work could let us assume there is no power connected. Silly (cheesy) example I know.
I dug up the interface and it is an Artnet (sAcn) to DMX converter.
Right! Now devices have to talk to each other.
I have made a network 101 thread explaining the basics.
Have a look there, try to understand what your environment does and then report back.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MatthiasL

Dear GGGss,
thank you for the warm welcome.

my setup is as follows:
Windows 10
QLC+ 4.12.5
Showtec net 2/3 node (newest software Version), which is connected to my PC via network through a Fritzbox 7590 (cat 6 cable). I can configure the ArtNet node freely via the network and this is also possible via web browser (therefore: connection to the network works). The node has a display that works and is powered by an extra power supply.

As mentioned above, I am not a network expert. I have tried various settings with IP addresses, Mask, ArtNet and sAcn and other settings. According to Massimo's Youtube instructions, I would expect QLC to recognize the node and I can use it. However, I can see from the DMX light on the node that no signals are transmitted via DMX. Since the network diode is always on, I can't tell if anything is coming into the node.
If you are missing a manual for help: https://www.huss-licht-ton.de/images/pr ... 4954_1.pdf

can you link me your thread here? I could not find it by search and you yourself have already written a lot of posts :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greetings from Darmstadt (germany)
Matthias
GGGss

So then we start by asking what is the IP address of your computer and what is the one of the interface.
through a cmd DOS box; ipconfig
It might be that they are DHCP clients. So now you'll have to check your Fritzbox.
If you find the IP addresses, you can try to ping your interface. If it replies, you use this address for the unicast setting of the Artnet interface your find in the in- output in QLC+
Now you should be good
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

LaKing

QLC has a default universe number 0, Net2/3 has universe number 1 by default.

Set the "primary" of the dmx output to 0 in the menu.
DavidGrc

LaKing wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:31 pm QLC has a default universe number 0, Net2/3 has universe number 1 by default.

Set the "primary" of the dmx output to 0 in the menu.
Thank you a lot ! It work for me :idea: