Mac OSX 10.14.5 with 4.12.1 Crashes

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
sgrobinson

This is going to be the worst bug report in the world because... How do I replicate it? I can't
Just normal usage. During design, during editing shows, also whilst running through a cue list in a live show :(

Here are lots of crash dumps - Please please let me know what more I could do to help and what additional information I could provide. If I could find a way to replicate this I would!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rszoumi1riyh ... y-Hla?dl=0
Mibmusic

I have the same issue. Just yet, I was only changing the layout of the monitor.

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [4752]

I googled Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT and found this, but I have no idea if this is of any use. But fact is that my old High Sierra macbook air seems more stable:

OK, so it's a general protection fault (as its name suggests anyway). Googling "i386 general protection fault" yields many hits, but this looks interesting:

Memory protection is also implemented using the segment descriptors. First, the processor checks whether a value loaded in a segment register references a valid descriptor. Then it checks that every linear address calculated actually lies within the segment. Also, the type of access (read, write, or execute) is checked against the information in the segment descriptor. Whenever one of these checks fails, exception (interrupt) 13 (hex 0D) is raised. This exception is called a General Protection Fault (GPF).
That 13 matches what we saw in the header files, so it looks like the same thing. However from the application programmer's point-of-view, it just means we're referencing memory we shouldn't be, and it's doesn't really matter how it's implemented on the hardware.
sgrobinson

Interesting! Glad I’m not the only one :)

Whilst I don’t know it’s related to the OS, I’ve decided to migrate to my boot camp partition and try today’s shows on the Windows version and see how it fairs!
sgrobinson

Well it seems to be as stable as a rock in Windows! Same file (with edits only to the sizes of things on my virtual console) and it hasn’t crashed once.

A heart attack free show :)