X-Touch Extender and Compact

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
Krsound

I just want to know will QLC5 have the script writing for the scribble script screens on the X touch extender if not I won't pay the extra 50 to 80 dollars more for it and just get a compact. Will you be able to link two together and it will show different midi inputs. Example of this is currently you select auto detect and you press whatever slider button knob and it detects it, if you have two will it show the same midi input if you select slider 1 on device 1 and slider1 and device 2 or will it show as different? I want different
mcallegari

What ?
Krsound

I want to know if the little LCD Scribble Strips works with QLC+ on the X-Touch extender if they don't work I want to buy the compact which is cheaper than the extender.
http://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Be ... ER/p/P0CCR

http://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Be ... CT/p/P0B3L
OddSocks

I have the X-Touch extender and it works really well.

The problem with the scribble strips is that they require sysex messages to set them up.

It would be great if we could have an output profile a bit like the input one, allowing custom midi messages ( Including sysex messages ) to be sent to controllers.

I don't know if this is a possibility at all, but a number of the newer controllers require something like this to enable full interaction.
Krsound

I was asking because the compact is 250 retail and the extender 349 usd and if the lcd screens didn’t work why pay the extra $100 if the compact does the same functions

The second part of the question is it possible to have two to extend and double the midi mapping
mcallegari

Sorry Kyle, but I find it difficult to understand what you write/ask.
If you mean: "Is it possible to assign multiple MIDI inputs to a Virtual Console widget in QLC+ 5 ?" then the answer is yes.
janosvitok

Question #1: Does QLC+ support sending special commands to the device (most probably some SysEx or NRPN) so that it displays something useful on the little LCDs?
Answer #1: No.

Question #2: Can two similar devices be used in QLC+? Are they recognized as two devices?
Answer #2: I can't tell. The odds are that there will be two devices, but currently it's not easy to tell which one is which,
and the order may change after reboot/new start of the machine/device replug. See http://qlcplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12406 for discussion of using two similar devices.
Krsound

So it answers the question, I will get two compact xtouch devices
GGGss

I'd be carefull with that... I never got 2 novation touchpad's to work together (and honestly haven't searched for the reason of it)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Krsound

I am a Grand-MA2 programmer but personally I don't have 30k to 60k to spend on a Grandma2 Full size or a light, (I work for a company that owns them) So for my own DJIng or Fairs during the off season I want to build my own system so having two compact xtouch gives me on a single page 18 executers (QLC cues or sequences) yes I understand you have multiple pages per device but the more you have up front per page alot less of recalling what page a cue is on. Plus you have speed control and if the option opens up with QLC 5 Fade times ect ect. It's not two hard to fill up physical input for Dmx lighting.

My Console will be more like the Grandma2 light, it will have two 21.5 touchscreen screens,1 10in touchscreen in the console for the new detachable color selector in QLC , 1 X-touch mini modified with thumb encoders for fixture editing, and the two compact X-touches. Also a number pad, which I am still trying to figure out how to patch that to work, because I am used to hitting the fixture button and calling a fixture such as 1.102 thur 1.110, please. I am sure there is a way to hotkey that in.
Yestalgia

I'll totally get them working for you! Might need some test hardware though. I recently made this post: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15878