3Dview with colors wheel and gobos wheel

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
domhaumont

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry if it's a double post, but I try to understand something.
In a another post, someone answers me that to have all channels of a fixture working correctly in the 2D or 3D views, I need to connect them physically to my system.
So, it means that I can't prepare my shows using 3D view quietly at home, whitout being on stage, without all my fixtures connected?
Thank you for your help,
Amitiés,
Dominique
MichelSliepenbeek

You can prepare your shows without fixtures connnected.
It is only that 2D view will not show the color for fixtures with a color wheel and it will not show the gobo's you're using.
If you switch from 2D view to DMX monitor you can check the values that are used for those channels.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
domhaumont

Thank you for this answer.
If I understand, I can't have in the 3D view a complete preview of an effect or a scene? I can't control if the colors match together or any preview control concerning chasers of colors or gobos?
domhaumont

I notice now that the prism channel and the focus channel don't work too in the 3D view.
So that, I have only 4 channels working on 9.
But when I ask a preset in the fixtures functions, it gives me the result in the DMX view, all of them, but not in the 3D view
I don't understand
domhaumont

Hi, I come back with my difficulty. I looked forward, and I saw this:
I try to work with Martin Mac250+, and I have the problem I said.
But if try the Mac250 Crypton, I can see all colors and gobos. So it seems that my problem come from the settings in the library. How can I fix that?
GGGss

@michel, the OP is using v5 ... in v5 there __is__ a 3D preview with spoken colors and gobos.
@Dominique, the fixture profile will be off or wrong if a fixture doesn't show those elements in the preview.
Are the spoken-of fixture definitions the standard included ones in v5?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
domhaumont

Thank you for your answer and your interest.

"Are the spoken-of fixture definitions the standard included ones in v5?"
I'm sorry, my english is not so good, I don't understand the question.

All the channels and presets of the fixtures seem corrects, according with Martin' manuals
And no differences between settings of 250+ and Krypton
I'm trying now to create a new fixture with all the settings found in the Martin's manual. I found how to create it, but I didn't found how to put it in the list of fixtures

By the way, GGGss, I see that you're living in Belgium. I'm belgian living in Cotonou, Benin
MichelSliepenbeek

@Fredje, it started with this Post in Generic viewtopic.php?t=16394.
That put me on the wrong track.

By the time i got here:
So, I'm in a fictive project, trying to understand how it's work.
i realised this is "way out of my league". ;) :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
domhaumont

Michel, I'm very sorry, I lost myself between de two post.
edogawa

i told you this morning in the other thread about this issue (I don't get why you opened this one as it really complicates discussion), the MAC250+ definition is different from the Krypton in that it is missing gobo images and colors for its channel values... I saw your answer but didn't quite get what you meant to say there in regard to the difference of the two.

I haven't done definitions with v5 yet, so my observations and findings are from looking with the v4 fixture editor.
MichelSliepenbeek

About a year ago i bought 6 Robe Clubspots 160 CT's, with status "don't know if they work" for 25 euro's.
One was fully working (so i had an example to compare to), all the others had issues with the color wheel and/or Gobo Wheel.
By exchanging hall Sensors, stepper motors and putting loads of oil on the bearings of the wheels, i ended up with 4 fully functional units (and a box of spare parts).

That gave me the opportunity to experiment with scenes for Pan and Tilt and EFX's.
By the time "i understood how it's works" i sold them for 150 euro's (status "fully working" and with an impressive demonstration with QLC+). :) ;)

That experience gave me the idea that i could help you.

Don't feel sorry, we all have to start from scratch and learn from mistakes.
domhaumont

Sorry Edgard to complicate the discussion. First time it was about general question on QCL use. After your first answer, I understood that it was a question of previsualisation in QLC5 3D view. That' why I created an other post in V5 forum. Excuse me for the confusion I created. Let's close the other subject and finish here.

Michel; I resume to be clear. I will receive soon 4 Mac250+ and 8 Roboscan pro 518. First time for me with moving machines. And I used to work on QLC 4, only with about 25 pars led. So, waiting my machines, I try to learn how it works, and how to work with QLC 5.
For that, I'm working on a virtual project, without physical fixtures. And I can't have a good preview with those fixtures in the 3D preview. And I try to understand why.
MichelSliepenbeek

Did you watch those video's:

https://youtu.be/8-bgVX4uT2E
https://youtu.be/_41SoSniu9I

This one might also be interesting.
Although Christian uses a GrandMA, the option to store position information to scenes is also available in QLC: "Dump DMX Values to a Function". It is the "fourcolor box with a green arrow" icon on the top right of your screen.

https://youtu.be/mBlyK-JbLQU
domhaumont

The first one, I saw many times ... like all Massimo's tutos 😊
The second one I didn't know, and it's a surprise! So, it is possible to use Magic 3D Easy view with QLC+ v4 ?? I didn't know that. I wonder how to match them

But for the moment, my point is that the fixtures I need don't work, in V4 nor in V5
domhaumont

Michel, You give me a great way to a possible solution. On the Youtube of Edward Richards, I find tutorials to connect QLC+ V4 to Magic Easy View. And in the V4 I know how to create fixtures. So, maybe it will be my solution. I will work on it.
The pity is that I like the 3D view of the V5, and the general way to work with the V5 is great! I'm very newbie in it, but I like it very much!
domhaumont

I just tried, and it works perfectly !! I'm so glad ! I have my 3D preview, using QLC+ V4, with all my fixtures working perfectly and all channels available. Thank you so much for help.
A little bit sad for the v5. I will continue to try to use it, but for the moment, I will stay on the V4.
Have a good day.
Amitiés,
Dominique
MichelSliepenbeek

There is more about Magic 3D:
https://youtu.be/eKoRmtjZTuw
https://youtu.be/pCskxUlWY7Q
https://youtu.be/LM-mL2_FK-M

I'm not sure however whether it is worth spending so much time on it.
I'm afraid you just have to be patient untill you receive your fixtures. :) ;)

For now i would concentrate on getting familiar with EFX functions:
- check the manual https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/efxeditor.html
- find out what you can do with different start positions.
- have a look at the available Patterns.
- understand what size (width & Height) does and how to use a XY Pad to dynamicaly change that size.
- understand what position (X-Offset & Y-Offset in Absolute or Relative mode) does and how to use a (different) XY Pad for that.

And the same for the XY Pad Widget:
- check the manual https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/vcxypad.html
- check posts about this on the forum like viewtopic.php?t=16223
- add several XY-Pads to your Virtual console. Use specific ones for positions and Effects. You can also separate XY pads for your Moving Heads and your Scanners.

Just prepare some basic Positions and EFX's, so you can make a flying start once you have your fixtures.

If i'm correct the XY pad widget is not yet implemented in QLC5 (which is one of the reasons why i still use QLC4).
domhaumont

Bonjour,
Thank you so much for all advices.
Sure, 3D preview is not the stage, with real fixtures and real feeling. For me it was necessary to visualize all I have to understand in using moving heads.
Now I set my stage and my fixtures in 3D, and I'm beginning the real work, understand and memorize all you're talking about.
And al Massimo's tutos are very helpfull.
Thank you for your good advises.
DonaldRoy

To ensure all channels of your fixtures work correctly in 2D or 3D views, they must be physically connected to your system. This means you can't fully prepare shows using the 3D view at home without having fixtures connected.
With a commitment to inclusivity, Techzapk ensures that no one is left behind in the fast-paced world of technology, providing free and comprehensive Mod APKs for all.