[5 beta3] UI Feedback

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
susnux

Hi,
thank you for keep on developing this great software!
I started to test version 5 now and will try to use it besides version 4 for our light shows.

I have some comments about the UI (my systems locale is set to German so sorry for the translated UI):

1) The user interface seems to be optimized for touch screens, this is a bit awkward on desktop devices where everything looks a bit too huge.

1.1) While everything is huge, the timestamps within the "shows" view are comparable small, might be a problem on smaller devices?
Screenshot_20230212_170723.png
2) The "universe" dropdown is too small, the dropdown toggle is overlaying the text:
Screenshot_20230212_165426.png
3) May add some padding on the left & right side of button, I think the readability of the "page buttons" on the virtual console would benefit form it.

4) The device settings are buggy:
4.1) The text / numbers are not placed correctly, they are underneath the "increase" "decrease" buttons
4.2) The universe drop down is randomly ordered (not universe 1, 2, 3...)
4.3) The universe & mode drop down options are unreadable if hovered once
o.gif
Thank you!
edogawa

That's interesting - is this Linux?

I see siimilar issues, but in different text fields, with the v5 binary rpm I built for openSUSE Tumbleweed in OBS, but not with the Appimage in the test area.
Mostly it shows as text shifted somewhat to the right, including the button background, then in spinboxes the value covers the arrows like in your screenshot, and in some cases text sizes are off.
Which leads me to think it has to do with the specific Qt5 version in use. (which is included with the Appimage, and probably different from the one on your system)