Help on SP801E artnet

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
bluemei

Good day! I have recently purchased an SP801E controller that can use artnet. I already tried this using Jinx! on an LED Matrix and it works correctly.
Unfortunately I am having trouble using this on QLC+ because the LED Matrix is not receiving the signals.
If anyone has more experience on this can check if my settings are correct? I populated every Universe that is available just to check if its a universe problem but it still wont work.
1610774014120.jpg
sbenejam

Take a look to this post, there you can find some ArtNet config recommendations.
viewtopic.php?p=64335#p64335
GGGss

Your discovery dialogue shows an IP5 address. Your node should be reachable at 192.168.1.212.
No information is given about the Artnet universe being used.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
shivahoj

IMG_5122.PNG
IMG_5121.PNG
IMG_5120.PNG
Hello,
i have the same problem, I have an SP801E (IP is 10.0.0.111) controller that I can ping from my Macbook(10.0.0.140).
The Laptop, SP801E, and my phone are about half a meter apart from each other.
I can do all sorts of stuff with the phone, but not with the MacBook.
The QLC ( 4.12.6.)setup is as basic as can be: 8 Generic dimmers, controlled by 8 faders on the virtual console(VC), all on QLC universe 1.
QLC's Universe 1 is routed via artnet to 10.0.0.111, Universe 0.
The DMX Monitor of QLC reflects my fader movements, but the LEDs do not.
The sp801e is connected to a few WS2812 LEDs and is set up to control the first 512 DMX channels on the first of its 4 serial ports
it seems the SP801E claims to be able to control up to 7 universes on each serial port.
the Laptop recognizes the SP801E, but cannot talk to it.
The Screenshots are of the iPhone setup app.
Fixture: GLP Impression Spot one w/ Artnet/DMX (2x)
Macbook pro, OSX 10.13.4, QLC+ 4.12.2
Generic touch screen PC, with debian 10 linux, QLC+ 4.12.2
MIDI: AKAI APC40, Doepfer pocket fader, Radium 49 Keyboard
DMX: enttec USB pro
shivahoj

here are the Screenshots of QLC on the Mac:
Attachments
Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-01 um 17.43.55.png
Bildschirm­foto 2022-12-01 um 17.43.40.png
GGGss

shivahoj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:42 pm
QLC's Universe 1 is routed via artnet to 10.0.0.111, Universe 0.
But your hardware is setup to receive Artnet Universe 0:0:1 and send it to port 1 <- this is wrong.
Or you change QLC+ Artnet 10.0.0.111 to use Artnet Universe 1 OR you change your node to listen to Artnet Universe 0.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
shivahoj

Thank You for the response!
I think I tried all permutations of Universe start Adresses, IP addresses(such as 10.0.0.255, broadcast, if I understand it right), and even installed OLA on another Linux PC, which, after some fiddling, received Data over Artnet from the Macbook, but in a second attempt, I could not reproduce it. This is unstable at best, and gives no conclusive insight at all.
But I will try to set other universe adresses as well.

Another approach:
This WS801E is little more than a ESP32 Stamp-sized module with a TTL Line driver, but it is far less capable than a raspberry, so it has no ssh(or linux) running, and for peeking inside I will first have to connect a Usb<->UART thing to it. this may take a few days.
shivahoj

Another thing, mostly unrelated:
I have 4 colors in each neopixel in that pixel strip, red, green, blue and warm white (maybe not in that order).
there are 2^4=16 combinations , in which these colors would receive a brightness data stream. but usually W is at the end or start of the 4-tupel. but all my attempts to figure out the correct sequence have failed so far.
What might be the most used order of the color values?
GGGss

shivahoj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:47 am Thank You for the response!
I think I tried all permutations of Universe start Adresses, IP addresses(such as 10.0.0.255, broadcast, if I understand it right), and even installed OLA on another Linux PC, which, after some fiddling, received Data over Artnet from the Macbook, but in a second attempt, I could not reproduce it. This is unstable at best, and gives no conclusive insight at all.
But I will try to set other universe adresses as well.
Now wait a minute - since you are now revealing the broadcast address? Are you using a wired network connection? Broadcast packets (Artnet in general) do not like Wifi. It's actually the Wifi Access Points who filter broadcast packets and hence Artnet UDP traffic gets jammed. This could explain a lot.
2nd: Use Wireshark or DMX toolbox to really verify traffic passing by... it's the only way to be sure. This also will possibly reveal the 0-based Artnet Universe or the 1 based Universe. Some developers have made this difficult. So Uni 0 may be Uni 1 and vice versa.
GGGss

shivahoj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 am
What might be the most used order of the color values?
Without digging into datasheets ... who knows?
shivahoj

Yes, I had to use WiFi, because this SP801E thing does not have a RJ45 network port. It only is accessible via Wi-Fi.
And I was only trying broadcast as a last resort, since direct communication with the device via its IP address also didn’t work(BTW, I always could ping it with a consistently low ping time).
I might also learn how to use tcpdump etc.,but it will take its time.
I will also look into this Jinx! App( that is reported to work with this pixel controller), but will have to install a virtual machine with windows for that.