QLC+ Color Picker

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
TheLightGuy

Hey community,

I had a few people ask me how I built the color picker in QLC+ that I use for my shows, so I made a tutorial on building it. I thought creating it with the tools presented in QLC was self-explanatory, but figured I'd throw it up for anyone to learn from. It's my first time creating a tutorial like this, so it's not so smooth, but it gets the point across, I think.

I also attached the project file for anyone to play around with to learn from what I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-JLX9_w3fg

Dakota P.
Attachments
TEST 1.qxw
(35.93 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
mcallegari

Cool, thanks for sharing.
However...have you ever tried to use the wizard ? (magic wand icon in Function manager) It basically does the job within seconds instead of minutes :)
TheLightGuy

I have, but have never been able to get it to produce the colors/functions I want it to. I'll play around with it more to see if I can get the desired results.
Marstoneventec

Hi Dakota,

Nice to find people helping others by creating a Video and share their Knowledge.
I have done it like you with an little extra I want to show you.
I have a row of basic par fixtures on my rig and often you use an even/odd color theme.
So red /blue / red / blue ....

To be flexible on this my Color picker Looks like this (sorry it is in german but it is named gerade (even) and ungerade (odd))
Color picker
Color picker

I have created two scenes, 1x even and 1x odd and packed both into a collection.
The left button will set both groups to one color. But then I can select any other color for one of the groups.

BTW I have added a Submaster fader to my color picker so that I can fade the fixtures.
Thank you for the idea with the fade in and out setup I will add this into my console.

Cheers Michael
tricot

Great! thanks a lot !
alanle

Thanks for sharing! Nice way to control fade time for escenes instead of modify each one, love it!!

For button creation and assignment, i find very helpful BUTTON MATRIX feature

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... atrix.html