Boomtone DJ - Xtrem LED

Request a fixture definition here
Tsunoo

Hello,

I just started using QLC+, thank you for this amazing software!

I am looking for a fixture for Boomtone DJ Xtrem LED. The manual (french and english) is available there: http://static.boomtonedj.com/pdf/manual ... manual.pdf.

Thank you and keep on with the fantastic job!
floEdelmann

I just created the fixture definition in the Open Fixture Library. You can view it and download the QLC+ fixture definition from open-fixture-library.org/boomtonedj/xtrem-led.

It would be awesome if you could help further improve the fixture definition: In Custom control mode (first DMX channel called Mode set to 0), which are the 7 colors you can select in the third DMX channel called Color? At which DMX values do which colors appear? Those information were not included in the manual, so I have to rely on you here ;)
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+ 4 and QLC+ 5.
Tsunoo

Thank you very much. I will look at this in a few days, as I don't have my QLC+ PC at the moment. Be sure I will give feedback here. Once again, thank you, this will help me a lot as a starting point in the vast QLC+ universe!
Tsunoo

Hello,

I eventually got my PC and Xtrem LED working together. I am now trying to understand how I can trigger each function according to MIDI clock and audio sound. I will come back soon to tell you about...
Tsunoo

floEdelmann wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am It would be awesome if you could help further improve the fixture definition: In Custom control mode (first DMX channel called Mode set to 0), which are the 7 colors you can select in the third DMX channel called Color? At which DMX values do which colors appear? Those information were not included in the manual, so I have to rely on you here ;)
So, here is my first feedback...

In custom mode, here are the colors I get according to values in 3rd channel :
- 0 : all off
- 1-28 : static red
- 29-57 : static green
- 58-86 : static blue
- 87-115 : overlapped red and green : yellow in the middle
- 116-144 : overlapped red and blue : purple in the middle
- 145-173 : overlapped green and blue : light blue in the middle
- 174-202 : overlapped red, green and blue : white in the middle (a bit pinkish...)
- 203-231 : alternative red, green, blue, red+green, red+blue, green+blue, red+green+blue. Colors change at a rate of about 135 bpm (I have to check if this can be changed somewhere)
- 232-255 : fading blue, blue+green, green, green+red, red, red+blue

I hope this will help. I carry on with my tests...
floEdelmann

Thanks a lot, Tsunoo! I've added your changes to OFL (see the pull request and the updated fixture page).
Have a look at the Open Fixture Library! It's a project to collect fixture definitions in a unified format and make them downloadable for different lighting programs, including QLC+ 4 and QLC+ 5.