QLC+ 4.12.0 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

Today the QLC+ project reaches another important milestone: version 4.12.0.

From a user perspective, this is mostly a bugfix release. However, from a development perspective, this is a HUGE release.

In the last 6 months there's been at least 5 quite invasive reworks, caused by some flawed architectural designs and partly by the QLC+ 5 needs.

With most impact on QLC+ 4:
  • [Rework log] We now have a multithreaded engine which should scale up nicely on multicore CPUs. This giant activity allowed to fix some long standing issues related to cross fades and intensity adjustments.
  • [Rework log] The DMX USB plugin (Enttec & co) can now count on asynchronous transmission at the proper DMX rate. The output frequency can now be set from the UI, so no more manual tweaking on configuration files.
  • [Rework log] Fixture definitions have become lighter and richer. Check out the updated documentation and, from now on, please use the 4.12.0 editor to submit new fixtures.
    Now that we crossed the 1000 definitions (yay!), information redundancy has become an important matter. On one hand, lighter definitions help devices like the Raspberry Pi, while on the other end, they are much richer than before and help a lot the QLC+ 5 3D preview.
Deployments:
In general, before installing 4.12.0, you should uninstall previous versions, mainly for 2 reasons:
- the fixture definition folder has changed structure. Files are now organized by manufacturer name.
- another huge activity is ongoing to turn PNG gobo pictures into SVG. I'll write a separate post about this later.

Linux users: with this version I am starting to abandon Qt4, for a simple reason: the world moves on and Qt5 is now reasonably present on any modern distro.
Therefore, the official Debian package now requires Qt5. If you really need a Qt4 package, check the OBS repository. I cannot guarantee though for how long QLC+ will be able to build on Qt4.

MacOS users: I revamped the DMG bundle a bit. Looks nicer now but still, you need to go through the launcher to run QLC+.
Good news is that this is solved on QLC+ 5, where I plan to integrate the definition editor into QLC+ itself. (and make Apple happy for their stupid idea of 1 bundle = 1 application)

Thanks everyone who contributed with feedback, patches and almost 100 new fixture definitions!

Changelog:
  • engine: reworked to achieve multithreaded universes and properly handle fade transitions
  • engine/RGBMatrix: added support for animated GIF pictures
  • UI/Scene Editor: fixed crash when removing a Fixture and Scene Editor is open
  • UI/Chaser Editor: fixed Sequence step value unset
  • UI/Show Manager: properly reset editors and selection when switching context
  • UI/Show Manager: avoid Scene values to be overwritten on Sequences sharing the same bound Scene
  • UI/Show Manager: improved audio waveform preview
  • Virtual Console/Slider: improved submaster on intensity channels forced to LTP
  • Virtual Console/Cue List: improved some cross fade usages
  • Web Access: fixed visibility of nested frame pages
  • Plugins/DMX USB: reworked to have asynchronous transmission and frequency setting from UI
  • Plugins/OSC: added support for double values (in 0.0 - 1.0 range)
  • Plugins/MIDI: [Linux] fixed Program Change MIDI channel
  • Fixture Editor: reworked to define more accurate information (see documentation)
  • Fixture Editor: fixed D4 definitions import
  • New input profile: Akai APC40 mkII (thanks to Ovidijus Cepukas)
  • New input profiles: Novation Launchpad MK2, Behringer X-Touch Extender (thanks to Tim Cullingworth)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Entour Venue, Showtec Explorer 575
  • New fixtures: American DJ Auto Spot 150, Boom Box Fx2, Revo Sweep (thanks to Felix Edelmann)
  • New fixtures: JB-Lighting Varyscan P7, Showtec Dominator, Showtec Sunraise LED (thanks to Felix Edelmann)
  • New fixture: Orion Effects Lighting ORCAN2 (thanks to Felix Edelmann)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Revo Burst, Ayra TDC Triple Burst, Chauvet GigBAR 2 (thanks to Flo Edelmann)
  • New fixture: Venue TriStrip3Z (thanks to Flo Edelmann)
  • New fixture: Stairville Crown FX PAR77, JB Systems LED DJ-BAR, Stairville BS-280 R10 BeamSpot (thanks to Andres Robles)
  • New fixtures: Cameo CLPIXBAR200PRO, CLPIXBAR300PRO, CLPIXBAR400PRO (thanks to Stelian Cunitchi)
  • New fixtures: AVE Quad Pro Flat, Cobra Wash 200, StagePar Hex18 (thanks to Mark Sy)
  • New fixtures: Stairville LED PAR64, Clay Paky Mini Scan 150, Clay Paky Mini Scan 300 (thanks to Jászberényi Szabolcs)
  • New fixtures: Ayra WSM02/WSM03 MKII, Laserworld PRO-1600RGB (thanks to Jászberényi Szabolcs)
  • New fixtures: Involight FM1500 DMX, FM3000 PRO, FM1200 UP, SlimPar56 PRO (thanks to Jászberényi Szabolcs)
  • New fixture: Cameo CLPFLATPRO Series (thanks to Antonio Nó Rodríguez)
  • New fixtures: Robe Robin Viva CMY, Robin 800 LEDWash (thanks to Jasper Zevering)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORdash Par-Hex 7 (thanks to Jean-Daniel Garcia)
  • New fixture: Showtec Compact Par 7 Tri (thanks to sonozikloc)
  • New fixture: Stairville WGF 2000 (thanks to CoS2000)
  • New fixture: Dia Lighting Diapro Spot LED 300 (thanks to DJ Ladonin)
  • New fixtures: Showtec Phantom 130 LED Spot, Eurolite TMH-30/60, Showtec Vintage Blaze (thanks to Piotr Nowik)
  • New fixtures: Varytec BAT.PAR 6 RGBWA, American DJ WiFly PAR QA5, Flash-Butrym LED PAR 64 COB Mk2 (thanks to Edgar Aichinger)
  • New fixture: IMG Stageline PARL-40SET (thanks to Mitsch)
  • New fixtures: Equinox Quad Pix Batten, Chauvet Wash FX2, MARQ Gesture Spot 300, American DJ Warlock (thanks to Justin Hornsby)
  • New fixture: JB Systems Space Laser 3 (thanks to Ben Engelen)
  • New fixture: Cameo NanoBeam 300 (thanks to Martin)
  • New fixtures: Chauvet SlimPAR Q6 USB, Antari Z-1520 RGB, Cameo TS 40 WW, Cameo TS 60 RGBW (thanks to Andrew)
  • New fixtures: Litecraft OutLED AT60.zoom, Elation Proteus Beam (thanks to Axel Metzke)
  • New fixtures: Elation DW Fresnel, Robe ColorWash 250 AT (thanks to Niklas Larsson)
  • New fixture: Varytec Street Bar (thanks to Daniel Fairhead)
  • New fixture: American DJ Accu Roller 250 (thanks to Anders Thomsen)
  • New fixtures: BoomToneDJ SilentPAR 12x10w 6in1, Involight COBBAR815 (thanks to John Yiannikakis)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORado Batten 72 Tour (thanks to James Wilson)
  • New fixture: Antari F-5D Fazer (thanks to Mark Lohrey)
  • New fixture: Showtec Spectral ZP-5 (thanks to JP)
  • New fixture: Stairville Pixel Panel 144 RGB (thanks to Michael Clements)
  • New fixture: Cameo Hydrabeam 1000 RGBW (thanks to AxelOtl)
  • New fixture: American DJ QA5 IP (thanks to Georg Müller)
  • New fixtures: DTS XR5 Wash, Stairville Wild Wash 9x3W LED UV (thanks to Johannes Felber)
  • New fixture: Martin Thrill Mini Profile (thanks to John R Houston)
  • New fixture: Showtec Indigo 4500 (thanks to pixeldoc81)
  • New fixture: PR Lighting JNR Flat PAR 8160C (thanks to Giacomo Gorini)
  • New fixture: GLP YPOC 575 PRO (thanks to Felix Pickenäcker)
  • New fixtures: beamZ MHL108 Wash MKII, UKing Mini RGBW Moving Head (thanks to Mike S)
  • New fixture: ETC Desire D22 Lustr+ (thanks to Tavon Markov)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Swarm 4 FX (thanks to David Gianforte)
  • New fixtures: Stairville Mini Stage Par RGBW, LED PAR 36 COB RGBW, LED PAR64 MKII RGBW, LED PAR 64 COB RGBW 60W (thanks to Jose Coelho)
  • New fixtures: Eurolite LED T-36 RGB Pinspot, beamZ BT270 LED FlatPAR (thanks to Herbie)
  • New fixture: Proel PLLEDSP (thanks to Martino)
  • New fixtures: Stage Right 10Wx9 LED Flat PAR, 3-Color LED Light Bar (thanks to Daniel Smith)
  • New fixture: Chauvet Rogue R1 Spot (thanks to David Wolfe)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Dotz Panel 2.4, Flash-Butrym LED PAR 64 4x30W COB RGBW (thanks to Fotis)
  • New fixtures: Pro-Lights Genesis, BB5 Pix (thanks to Lorenzo Andreani)
richbass

Thanks for the update Massimo
SineApps

Wow this is awesome man! Thanks for all your hard work!!
giacomo

grateful to your commitment to the open source,
it's a good Sunday.
cyclooctane

Awesome job
markzvo

Excellent!

Do we still have to run "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt install libmad0 libsndfile1" to get audio working on the Pi?
mcallegari

markzvo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:12 pm Do we still have to run "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt install libmad0 libsndfile1" to get audio working on the Pi?
Nope. I've included them this time ;)
You should have received my email with the download links and this information.
lbon1989

Awesome! Thank you so much for the update!
lLapisl

Hello! In the new version my USB adapter does not work. How to get its file from the old version?
djhurt

Thanks, i just moved this issues to the right thread
Last edited by djhurt on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcallegari

Guys, please do not use this thread to report issues, otherwise it becomes a mess.
Report what you've found in a new thread.

DMX USB ISSUES: read the changelog and this blog post. You might need to adjust the output frequency to a value between 30Hz and 40Hz, if 44Hz doesn't work for you.
djhurt

opsss sorry my bad and thanks for the note about changing the frequency i will try this tonight.
AtArAx

Hey there

thanks for the new version - sad to say i have problems launching the qlc+ 4.12.0 controller on osx 10.11.6 el capitan (fixture definition editor works fine). i unistalled 4.11.2. with appcleaner... anyone has similar issues or ideas what to do?

best regards
AtArAx
didou64

Hi Massimo,

Thank for this new version but

Got an issue to install Ubuntu version.
I got another computer with OS version Ubuntu 16.04 Mate Edition and I have a dependency error message about libfftw3-double3.
Version 3.3.5 or above is needed and current version is 3.3.4.
I was unable to find a more recent version to download.

Any trick on how to get latest version libfftw3-double3 on ubuntu 16.04, please ?

Thank you.
Regards,
andres robles

didou64 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:18 pm Hi Massimo,

Thank for this new version but

Got an issue to install Ubuntu version.
I got another computer with OS version Ubuntu 16.04 Mate Edition and I have a dependency error message about libfftw3-double3.
Version 3.3.5 or above is needed and current version is 3.3.4.
I was unable to find a more recent version to download.

Any trick on how to get latest version libfftw3-double3 on ubuntu 16.04, please ?

Thank you.
Regards,
Hi.
Test this: https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... lcplus-qt4

this works for me in 18.04 ubuntustudio (xubuntu)

If it does not work either, the version of QLC + that works for me in linux mint mate based on ubuntu 16.04 is the 4.10.5b .... it is a great outdated ..... but it works, another option is to use a Linux OS more modern ......

I hope it helps
a greetings
didou64

Hi Andres,

I found a solution. I complied latest version from git (4.12.1). Works fine.
Thank for your help, anyway.
Regards,
andres robles wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 pm Hi.
Test this: https://software.opensuse.org/download. ... lcplus-qt4

this works for me in 18.04 ubuntustudio (xubuntu)

If it does not work either, the version of QLC + that works for me in linux mint mate based on ubuntu 16.04 is the 4.10.5b .... it is a great outdated ..... but it works, another option is to use a Linux OS more modern ......

I hope it helps
a greetings
Didou
QLC+ Version: 4.12.0