On November the 5th, 2012, I forked the QLC source tree. In other words that's the day I started
to develop QLC+. A lot happened since then ! Lot of new functionalities, fixtures, bugs and fixes,
ideas, discussions and results.
To name a few: ArtNet and OSC plugins, Show manager, audio input/output, Click & Go and 800 gobos,
Cue lists crossfade, Live editing, DMX dump, multi page frames, fixture remapping, web interface,
channel groups and many more I might be forgetting right now.
I am pretty satisfied of this first year and my hope is to continue this way to give users a choice
against very expensive software that are not always synonym of quality.
Just for fun, I collected a few numbers to help you understand what there has been behind QLC+ in just one year.
- 32610 lines of code added
- 108 new fixtures added.
- 1646 posts on the QLC+ forum
- 19 releases, 839 commits, 178 tickets/pull requests addressed
- 3 video tutorials
- More than 17000 visits to this website...and counting
So, what can I say ? A big thank you
to all the people that helped to make this real !
As a birthday present I am also starting to give out (hey, shouldn't it be the other way round ?) the
all-in-one QLC+ PDF manual
Basically it's what you find in the internal documentation,
but packed in a single (better looking) PDF document. Hope you enjoy it !
- NEW: Virtual Console: audio triggers can now control Speed Dials tapping (thanks to Jano Svitok)
- NEW: Virtual Console: added clock widget
- NEW: RGB Matrix now supports 2 colors
- NEW: Scene Editor: color selection tool live tracking (thanks to Stefan Riemens)
- Live Edit: Improved live editing of Scenes and Chasers
- Fixtures remapping: added a button to clone and autopatch a fixture from the source list
- Function selection: added radio buttons to show all or only the running functions
- Virtual Console: fixed regression on buttons name auto assign
- Virtual Console: fixed multi page functionality for solo frames
- Virtual Console: fixed audio triggers thresholds save/load on projects (thanks to Jano Svitok)
- Virtual Console: fixed knobs rendering on OSX
- Virtual Console: fixed crash when enabling multipage on headerless frames
- Virtual Console: fixed copy of Click & Go feature when cloning sliders/knobs
- MIDI plugin: fixed beat clock detection on OSX
- Show Manager: Improved to fit on a 1024x768 resolution
- Engine: fixed Collection potential crash (thanks to Jano Svitok)
- Engine: fixed Scene fade out when only one function is running
- Engine: fixed end of audio playback not notified
- Engine: fixed audio capture limited signal on OSX
- Simple Desk: universe reset is now performed also on non intensity channels
- Simple Desk: channels are now updated in full view mode too
- Added fixture: Chauvet 4Play (thanks to Ryan Schaefer)
- Added fixtures: American DJ Fusion FX Bar 1, Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 200 (thanks to synkajax)
- Added fixtures: Stairville PAR64 CX-3 RGBW, Stairville TRI LED Bundle Complete (thanks to Lars Kildholt)
- Added fixture: Monacor CPL-3DMX (thanks to Marcus)
- Added fixtures: Pro-Lights CromoSpot 150, Evolight Colours SL3 (thanks to Lorenzo Andreani)