Multiple Universes with multiple ENTEC Dongles

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
vazertuche

I'm using the ENTEC Open DMX Usb and it is working great. However, it seems I have already outgrown my Universe and I need to expand. I wanted to just use another ENTEC Usb but I was unsure if you could have two of these devices plugged into the computer and assign them both to different universes. I was hoping someone out there had a clear answer on this since I didn't want to spend the money ordering the device only to find out it didn't work.

Currently Running:
5 Chauvet SlimPar Pro H USB (12 Channel Mode)
8 Chauvet SlimPar 64RGBA (8 Channel Mode)
15 Chauvet ColorRail IRC (26 Channel Mode)

I made a full Chauvet ColorRail IRC and SlimPar Pro H fixure definitions as well. I will upload them shortly. :)
lcslouis

I use 2 Entec Pro Mk 2 boxes i have no issues.

If the computer supports USB 3 though I would recommend using that for a hub. ( to maintain full transmission speed and latency)
Baylink

Note that the Enttec *Open*, unlike their Pro, has no onboard CPU/buffering; it is *just* a -485 interface, as I understand it, and is thus much more sensitive to how much horsepower your PC has. If you go from one to two, both might get hincky, if your machine isn't fast enough.