Velleman kit

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Ronald

Having problems getting the velleman kit to work with QLC+ on windows. I have tried coping the k8062d library into window/system32 with no luck, QLC+ does not see it in the input /output setup tab. Can someone please help.
Massimo Callegari

Hi to you.
If it doesn't work, try to place the K8062D.dll in the main QLC+ directory (or in the plugins directory)
Chris Morris

I am having the same problem too. I have copied K8062D.dll to the following locations
- windows\system32
- QLC+ main directory
- QLC+ Plugins directory

I downloaded the DLL from http://www.velleman.eu/downloads/files/ ... 062sdk.zip

When I use the DMX-LightPlayer software, I am able to control my lighting setup, however QLC+ does not show the device in the Inputs/Outputs tab. Any help would be very appreciated.

Chris
Massimo Callegari

Just tried on Windows 7 and it works for me.
I placed the "K8062D.dll" in the main QLC+ folder (in my case C:\QLC+ ) and I can see the Velleman output line
Chris Morris

Thank you Massimo, I am also running Windows 7 64 bit and upgraded to QLC+ 4.5.0 with an install path of "C:\QLC+". What other information can I provide to help here?
Massimo Callegari

Isn't it working yet ?
All I can think of is a different version of the DLL. One thing I know for sure is that you need to use a 32bit DLL (in case a 64bit version exists)
If I have time tomorrow I'll share the DLL I used here.
Chris Morris

Massimo, no it is still not working. The version of the DLL I am using is from 2003, so I suspect it is 32 bit. Thanks for your assistance so far.
Massimo Callegari

As promised, here's what I've got
Attachments
K8062D.zip
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Massimo Callegari

And a screenshot of what I see
Attachments
velleman.png
Chris Morris

Thanks Massimo. I can now see "Velleman" as an output, however as soon as I click on it, either when the controller is plugged in or not, QLC+ crashes. What further information would be useful to provide here?
C Dostie

I too have the same issue as Chris. I'm using Windows Vista. Had to delete the k8062d.dll file. I could see the velleman as an option on the input tab But the moment you placed the check mark next to it, the program would crash and each time after I'd try to load QLC it would crash as well. Had to delete the k8062d.dll file to get QLC+ working again. Not sure if you had anything else for tips to maybe get it to work. Thanks for the help though.
Catweazle

I use Windows 10. When i select the Velleman Device Qlc+ 4.12.4 shut down immediately?
What's wrong?
GGGss

Please __do not__ use the Velleman kit. This one is garbage and you won't find the correct win7++ drivers anyway.
Although it is listed in the supported devices list, you have to take the warning with it: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9657
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Catweazle

Thanks for the fast Answer. I ordered now the Enttec Open DMX USB Interface...