How to make the scene B automatically stops the scene A

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
patrick

Hello
I try to chain chase or scenes, but if I do not cut the red stage (A) and I run the scene blue (B), I get the red and blue mixture as I did not A cut scene
is there a way for the scene you just start off the previous one?
Heiko Fanieng

Hi Patrick,

i'm working on the same problem at the moment. Maybe it depends on the fixture or fixture definition.

With my Eurolite RGB Bar 256 LED i can switch from one color to another without problems.

With my Showtec PAR 56 LED the old color remains after changing the scene.

My workaround is to put all PAR 56 LED in the scene, select all channels and set all colors to 0, even the new color. That works, but isn't really the solve i want.

In the virtual console i can assign Scenes with the segments of the LED Bar to a small MIDI-Keyboard with the flash function, and it works. But i don't find a way to play the the PAR 56 LED Spots.

What kind of fixture do you use?

Heiko
Jano Svitok

Guys, can you post your workspace files? Thay way I can try to see it with my eyes :)
Heiko Fanieng

Here is my current Test-Workspace. Would be great if someone can help.

http://www.fanieng.com/files/qlplus-121222.qxw
patrick

A simple example
I drive by one 56 has led contest 5 channels.
I want the red turns off automatically (with or without fade) when I turn blue in the virtual console.
Is it possible?
Attachments
red%20blue.qxw.zip
(943 Bytes) Downloaded 62 times
George Qualley

I'm not sure I understand 100% what your use case is, but I generally approach this with Solo frames in the virtual console.
Heiko Fanieng

Thank you for this Tipp George! It works for me here. I saw it in the manual, but i didn't understand it till today :)

After loading my old workspace qlplus-121222.qxw in the Windows-Version of QLC+ 4.30 it works direct.

Under OS X there is something going wrong, i need lots of restarts to get it to work with QLC+.
Heiko Fanieng

Today i spent a lot of time on testing this issue. I thougt solo frames where the solve, or changing the OS from Mac OS X 10.8.3 to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Maybe next week i can test it with another DMX Interface then Enttec ODE.

On both Systems, Windows and OS X after restarting QLC+ in the functions section i can switch from on scene to the next without problems. After changing from PAR 1 red to PAR 4 blue everything works.

After adding more scenes, PAR 1 remains red when PAR 4 set to blue. When i add another scene with setting PAR 1 to green it is red and green.

Could it be that something happens with HTP (highest takes precedence) or LTP (latest takes precedence) at the DMX values?

Attached is my latest Project, only 4 PAR and 1 LED Bar.
Attachments
130324.qxw.zip
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
patrick

Thank you george, the solo function is exactly what I need.
I spent my side due to lack of knowledge of English.
I try to drive QLC + with footswitch.

Your tip just made me realize a big step.