OSC trigger for next cue

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Matt

I am trying to use the OSC control to trigger the next cue in a chase playback widget on the virtual console. I am able to detect the osc command using the auto detect in the widget properties but when I go to the play mode it does not advance to the next cue. I saw it advance one time in all the the attempts but nothing since. The OSC control of a button is completely reliable. I can toggle a button on and off at will with an OSC control which makes me believe it is something to do with the chase list window not the handling of the OSC command. Anybody try this and get it working reliably?
Massimo Callegari

Hello to you.
I just tried and it works for me on a Cue list with TouchOSC.
The only thing you need to keep in mind is that if you use OSC toggle buttons, you need to press them twice.
TouchOSC has also "tap" buttons, and they fit perfectly for what you want to do.
Matt

I'm initiating the OSC commands from QLab which is controlling the sound cues. Are there requirements around the osc command that I'm not recognizing? I found that I could pass a numeric arg to a slider to set the level and the buttons work. It's just the next cue which is proving difficult for me.

In Qlab I'm sending a custom OSC command with the format /qlcplus/nextcue. I tried adding a numeric arg to see if that makes a difference. I've tried using that command from the osc profile or autodetecting it in the widget properties.
Matt

I finally was able to figure this out by routing everything through an OSC monitor. What was happening was that the program I was using was sending /app/cmd 1 which triggered the the next cue command. I was then sending additional commands with the same value. What I figured out is that I need to pair these commands. Send /app/cmd 1 followed by a /app/cmd 0. The transition from 0 to a positive value on the command is what triggers the next cue in the chase window.

I can now trigger next light cue in qlc+ from qlab (or any level on a fader or button) or trigger next audio cue in qlab from qlc+. Now I just have to install a dedicated network switch in the tech booth to link the systems. I'm not going to trust the theater's wireless network for show control!
pitusso

Hi Matt,
even if years later, you saved my day!
I was in the very same situation, generating OSC messages from Node-Red.
kuechenstudio

Hi! Some more years later a similar problem:

We try to trigger the qlist via OSC - but not with a button or fader. We analyze music and send the beat via OSC and every beat should the next que in the qlist in the virtual console.

Any idea how to do that?
GGGss

And welcome to the forum,

First of all - do you see a wiggling joystick in the universe line where you activated OSC as an input?
Next, try to configure an input profile using the magic wand. Do you see the correct OSC value come in?
Then ... you can bind that control to your CHASER, CUEstack or CUElist (which are all three the same thing, but every program uses its own language)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore