4.7.0 RC1 Art-Net and Startup Function Problem

George Qualley

OK, so if anyone can break things, it is me! I've found two issues with the RC build. First, Art-Net doesn't seem to be functioning on OSX. I can see the node in the node window, but I'm getting no commands. Switching back to 4.6.1 brings Art-Net back.

Also, it appears as if running a function on startup isn't working. This is a great addition and I use it all the time for exterior lights, however I noticed my exterior lights weren't on tonight. Switching back to 4.6.1 also resolves this issue.
Massimo Callegari

Hi George, I was counting on it ! :)
I need a few more details to understand your scenario. If you see a node in the list it means the ArtNet plugin is up and running, at least it receives something.
By "commands" do you mean there is an external program (modul8 ?) sending data to QLC+ and you don't see the joystick blinking in the input/output panel ?

As for startup function, I will test it again.

Thanks for reporting these.
George Qualley

Massimo,

My scenario is QLC+ (out) > Modul8 (in).

QLC+ serves to trigger the video on Modul8 and perform various FX. If I open the Nodes window, I can see Modul8 and (at least in previous versions) this means that commands are being sent/received. On occasion, Modul8 stops receiving commands (for whatever reason) and then it disappears from the Nodes window (which is how I know that I need to reset Art-Net in Modul8). However, in this version, Modul8 shows up correctly but simply gets no commands. Switching back to 4.6.1 and using the same QLC+ file works as expected.
George Qualley

BTW, sorry I don't answer more quickly. I can't get this damn forum to email me when there is a post on a topic so I have to check it manually.
Massimo Callegari

Hey George, I expected issues in receiving data, but not in transmission.
I have changed a few things to use the ArtNet plugin and indefinite number of times.
For this reason now it sends the right universe number in the packets. So for example if your ArtNet output is on universe 3, you need to setup Modul8 to receive on universe 3 as well.
That's the major change I can think about.
Can you please try and tell me if that solves it ?

Also, can you please give a try to the Qt5 build I published last night when you have the chance ?

Thanks
George Qualley

Massimo, I'll check it out ASAP
Massimo Callegari

George, I've just tested the startup function and it seems to be working ok here.
Maybe you can give some more details on your setup and which kind of function you set to startup ?