startup qlcplus

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Patrick Ogay

Hello

We are very content with our QLC+-Installation.

But as I read about a startup time of only half a minute, I'm wondring, whether our rather long startup times are specific to our QLCplus-Raspberry machine/SD-drive/config.
In our case the startup takes much longer (and much longer that the startup of the other machine with PIPresents on it, which fires OSC-Commands to QLC+).

One issue was the startup of the rsyslogd, which took about half a minute, which can be easily disabled (it could also be started after qlcplus if needed).
QLCplus itself takes more than a minute from service start until it is up and uses a autostart.qxw.
The total startup time was about 2 minutes.

So I was wondering about the startup times of other users.

regards
Patrick
Massimo Callegari

Hi Patrick,
the startup time depends mostly on two things:
1) static / dynamic IP address
2) how big is the project you're loading

I noticed #1 a while ago and I also ended up there's something wrong with rsyslogd when setting a static IP address. I am looking to find a solution to that.

As for #2, it all depends on the poor CPU of the Pi. I suggest to remove from your project all the irrelevant information for the Pi. For example if you defined a 2D preview in the monitor or if you have widgets in your virtual console that you don't use.
What is the file size of your project ?

The 30 seconds boot time is the "best case", so DHCP and no project loaded (or a very light one)
Massimo Callegari

Oh, and obviously it totally depends on the SD card speed !
By a chance I've got a class 10 Samsung card and it is super fast