Passthrough Bug on autoload

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
FactorFilms

OK so the bug is even though the autostart.qxw file has the correct InputOutput settings (as viewed via SSH):

The Passthrough is NOT loaded (and displays as unchecked via the web interface, even though it is saved as active in the file itself above).

There doesn't appear to be a way of getting it to work, aside from removing the autostart.qxw

This actually appears to be a problem with the desktop version of QLC+ too now that I've tried opening autostart.qxw file on my computer (OSX)
Massimo Callegari

Why have you started a new thread when the issue is clearly stated here ?
https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discu ... /3f5b1a52/
FactorFilms

Sorry wasn't sure if it was better having a fresh thread with the actual issue identified (the original thread was about me asking about the remote control function, knowing nothing of ArtNet)

It also looks like it's not just a RPi issue, so if anything I should have started a new thread in one of the general forums, but anyway. Just playing with this now trying to see if it's possible to get the passthrough setting to load up from a file under ANY circumstances.
Massimo Callegari

Found. I think this is a issue caused by the switch from Qt4 to Qt5.

Change Passthrough="1" to Passthrough="true"
It's a workaround but it should work.

I'll fix it with the next release
FactorFilms

Well this does indeed fix the problem of the Passthrough setting loading up correctly, but although the checkbox is there now, it still doesn't actually work. The ArtNet to USB passthrough, although indicated as activated on reboot into autostart, doesn't actually respond to ArtNet signals from the PC. Again, it only works when no autostart is selected, and the device rebooted.

So for whatever reason, the physical display of the Passthrough checkbox doesn't actually result in the plugin behind the scenes being armed.

Massimo Callegari

I have just tested this. It works for me with a project autoloaded at startup with ArtNet -> DMX USB passthrough.
Now, I am using all the latest versions, on the RPi and on my PC. Please make sure you're doing the same.

Latest OSX development snapshot is here: https://sourceforge.net/p/qlcplus/discu ... /73d5dfcf/

If you are, the only variable that remains is that you're using a WiFi connection ? Have you tried via ethernet ? I am using ethernet.
FactorFilms

I tested it with the latest versions on both RPi and OSX. I've rolled back to 4.8.2 on my PC though because I found a lot of problems with the newest build.

I wonder if it has to do with using an old project. Maybe I'll try with a brand new project...
FactorFilms

Oh man this is so frustrating! Every time I think I've found the problem, it still doesn't work.
I've got 4.8.3 GIT on the RPi. I've got 4.8.3 on OSX. I'm using Ethernet.

I even worked out that although the project I was loading onto the RPi had been manually changed to Passthrough="true", just the act of adding it to 'autostart' had QLC+ changing the file back to Passthrough="1".

But then even when I changed the autostart.qxw file via SFTP to Passthrough="true" and rebooted the RPi, AND it loaded up showing the correct configuration, it STILL doesn't respond to the ArtNet instructions from the computer!

But if I reboot back without a project, it works again.

Maybe can you send me the project file that you have successfully put onto your RPi that gives you the Passthrough option working perfectly?
FactorFilms

Or has anyone else had luck creating a project file that they can upload onto their RPi and it works with Artnet Passthrough to DMX USB? If so post it here, it just won't work on mine no matter what I do.
VoltVisionFrenchy

Hello FactorFilms,
So I have not used the passthrough functionality at all, so I am not the best person to attempt to answer your question, but I just wanted to suggest an idea...I hope it is not a stupid suggestion. I was wondering if using OLA might solve your problem? OLA is based on the concept of "patching universes".... there is an input universe and an output universe. Since you are having trouble with QLC+ doing the passthrough for you, I wonder if asking OLA to patch the Artnet Input Universe to the DMX USB Output Universe would provide better results? Just an idea.... Good luck!

respect,
frenchy (Steve French)
www.voltvision.com
FactorFilms

Well that might find a solution to the problem, but I'm actually more interested in helping Massimo et al. find a solution for QLC+ !
If I was actually working on something in particular that I needed to solve NOW I might look into OLA.
Massimo Callegari

NOW is an unknown word in an open source project, since we dedicate our spare time to it.
If we have time it might be SOON otherwise the word is SOMETIME.

We're trying to release a 4.8.3 as good as we can. If we rush only crap will come out.
If we solve the Show issue, I'll try to build another snapshot for the RPi before the final 4.8.3.

Just please be patient.
FactorFilms

Totally agree Massimo. To be clear, I was making the point that I'm more interested in helping you guys develop QLC+, then actually achieving a specific aim. Happy to do anything else in terms of testing to help find the problem - did you want to send me your project that you said you could load up on your RPi and successfully passthrough from ArtNet to USB? Maybe if your project works on my RPi it will make it clear that the problem has something to do with my QLC+ PC installation or the files it creates. Or if it doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with my build of RPi?

Anything that helps you troubleshoot I'm happy to do.
Massimo Callegari

I haven't sent you my project (which anyway is very simple really) because the fix has to be done on the Raspberry and since I haven't built a new bundle, you can't just fix it yourself. Sorry.
I am just overcumbered with things to do and things to follow, so I try to advance in parallel on many topics at the same time.

I appreciate your help, especially the Show bug finding which otherwise could have ended in the final release.
FactorFilms

Ohhhh OK - I didn't realise you had implemented a fix and that's why it was working on yours - I thought it was working on yours, and you couldn't work out why it wasn't on mine!