EFX PAN TILT no function

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
djmax87

Hi everyone, I have a strange problem, I bought some new beam 17R moving heads, with the old ones 0 problems, there is something wrong with these! I created the new machine regularly with its DMX channel list, everything is fine, manually everything works, I created some games and that's it. The problem manifests itself on the EFX precisely if I want to assign an effect such as the circle, the 8 etc. When creating the effect, even after assigning the fixture, pressing play and then seeing how the effect works doesn't work! Exactly, looking at the simple desk, I realized that the EFX only moves the PAN FINE and the TILT FINE. The problem is right here, I can't get the PAN and TILT channel to be used instead of the END. Please help me, I can't get out anymore!!
Thanks in advance
janosvitok

Check that Pan and tilt channels have proper byte setting (MSB=Coarse; not LSB=Fine).
If unsure, attach here your fixture file (or tell us exact model you have).

Jano
djmax87

I didn't quite understand what you wanted to tell me to check, explain better
Attachments
Francesco-Fusco-Beam-350.qxf
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
djmax87

I just checked, I attach print, everything seems to be ok, I still don't understand where I'm wrong
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-09 alle 23.06.46.png
MichelSliepenbeek

The problem is that you have two Pan Channels (instead of Pan and Pan Fine) and two Tilt Channels (instead of Tilt and Tilt Fine).

Try this:
Francesco-Fusco-Beam-350.qxf
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
djmax87

it is the channel list of the machine, and it is not possible to modify it, anyway I am trying to load your modification even if I don't understand what has changed
djmax87

fixture file loaded, I haven't physically connected the BEAM but it seems to be going really well :) Tomorrow I'll try and tell you, but I still don't understand if the error was mine and where, I'd like to understand well so I don't do it again
edogawa

your definition was wrong for the Pan Fine and Tilt Fine channels, they also were set as MSB, Michel corrected that - I also found that, and was about to post a fixed version but he was quicker :)
djmax87

my god what a fool I was, now I understand the mistake I made. Tomorrow morning I'll try everything and I'll tell you, thank you all so much!!
MichelSliepenbeek

.... everything seems to be ok, I still don't understand where I'm wrong.
Humans only read Descriptions (which are all there, that is why it seems to be OK to you), but programms like QLC+ need values, dimensions, ranges etc (which are about all missing).

What you could do is use the Fixture Validator: https://www.qlcplus.org/fixture_validator.php
It will give you another 14 suggestions to improve your Fixture Definition. :)

It seems to me that your Fixture is a straight copy of the Clay Paky Sharpy.
Why not try first whether that Fixture Definition will work with your Fixtures?

In any way i suggest you to open this Definition in your Fixture Definition Editor: this is a very good example (to learn from). :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
djmax87

it's fine guys, you're right and you always help me open my eyes XD.
I'll try it right away and thank you very much