How to make a Bump button that returns to the old scene

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
daankingmanl

Hello,
For my work i'm making a virtual console, Only problem i want to make a bump button but somehow after i use it non of my other scenes work. i have some pixelbars some moving heads and some washes, I have for every fixture type a color picker, Show in the picture, I fixed the problem of all my color scenes stop working bij using RGB channels for my colors and the white channel for my Bumpers (White flash) Only problem is. My moving heads don't have a RGB or White channel, I experience the problem that when i use the flash button, The program seems to take all the activated channels down and doesnt let them up again or something. I can choose any color but when i use the white bump, I cant change the color anymore. DOes someone have a solution for me?? :ugeek:
Attachments
Podium 1 proef.qxw
(74.84 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Schermopname (96).png
ShagLight

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but if it's what I think it might be.

The way I get white bumps is make a scene with only red, green and blue channels enabled, all 3 up to 255, and trigger with a flash button. This will give you white (an RGB white, not a true white) when you press the flash button, and return to whatever color you previously had when you release the button.

Hope this helps.
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
GGGss

Welcome to the forum, Daan,

1st small remark: 'bump' in the jargon means highlighting things momentarily - a bump to white is a flashy thing. Your buttons should reflect that. Select flash in the button properties.
2nd - if you set a white channel, it will stay put unless you cancel the values sent. In your showfile, the all-white scene does call white channels, but they aren't reset anywhere. Flash will help you here.
Your best friend here is looking at the live output or (in my case) looking at the DMX monitor. If you select the all-white scene, the white values stay forever.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

If you want the Fixture Monitor (in 2D view) to show the colors of your MH Spots, you could add those colors to your Fixture Definition.
In the Fixture Definition Editor, on the Channels Tab, open your Colours Channel and now for every color that is defined, set the Preset to ColorMacro and select the matcing color.
Like This:
Beamz-Panther-25-LED-Spot.qxf
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

There is a difference between a Red Scene and a Red scene.
A Red scene where you only set the Red Channel and leave the G,B, and W (and A and UV) channels unboxed will add Red to what other active color scene(s) may have set.
A Red scene where you set the Red Channel to 255 and (box and) set the G,B, and W (and A and UV) channels to 0, will change the color to Red.

In your situation, where all your color scenes are in one Solo Frame, you will not notice the difference (because the solo frame will prevent that there is more than one scene active at the same time), but it's going to be different when you want to use other color scenes as well (like your White Bump).
If you want your White Bump to be White Only, you might consider changing all your RGBW(A UV) channels from HTP to LTP.
I suggest (you make a copy off your workspace and) experiment with the different settings, to find out what "feels natural" to you.

What you do in the Left Bottom Frame looks tricky to me: your "Dim Alg" slider works on the same channels as the other 4 sliders do.
Basically, if you define two sliders to control the level of one and the same channel, you create a constant conflict (which will keep you very busy to manage that while running a show).
If you rotate your colour palette by 90 degrees (so change the Left - Right orientation to Top - Down), you can add a Slider in Submaster mode to each Solo Frame (*1)
Those Submasters do the same as what you want to achieve with your Dim Spot, Dim Wash, Dim Top and Dim Back sliders.

*1 As your MH Spots use a color wheel, you need a different approach to get the submaster working: place that specific solo frame inside a standard Frame, add a button for a scene to set your Level to 255 and make sure place this button and the submaster slider in this standard frame (not in the solo frame).
You probably also have to unbox the "Can Fade" option (Channel Configuration on your Fixtures Tab) of your Color Wheel, as you don't want the Submaster to affect your Color Wheel.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
daankingmanl

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 pm If you want the Fixture Monitor (in 2D view) to show the colors of your MH Spots, you could add those colors to your Fixture Definition.
In the Fixture Definition Editor, on the Channels Tab, open your Colours Channel and now for every color that is defined, set the Preset to ColorMacro and select the matcing color.
Like This:Beamz-Panther-25-LED-Spot.qxf

There is a difference between a Red Scene and a Red scene.
A Red scene where you only set the Red Channel and leave the G,B, and W (and A and UV) channels unboxed will add Red to what other active color scene(s) may have set.
A Red scene where you set the Red Channel to 255 and (box and) set the G,B, and W (and A and UV) channels to 0, will change the color to Red.

In your situation, where all your color scenes are in one Solo Frame, you will not notice the difference (because the solo frame will prevent that there is more than one scene active at the same time), but it's going to be different when you want to use other color scenes as well (like your White Bump).
If you want your White Bump to be White Only, you might consider changing all your RGBW(A UV) channels from HTP to LTP.
I suggest (you make a copy off your workspace and) experiment with the different settings, to find out what "feels natural" to you.

What you do in the Left Bottom Frame looks tricky to me: your "Dim Alg" slider works on the same channels as the other 4 sliders do.
Basically, if you define two sliders to control the level of one and the same channel, you create a constant conflict (which will keep you very busy to manage that while running a show).
If you rotate your colour palette by 90 degrees (so change the Left - Right orientation to Top - Down), you can add a Slider in Submaster mode to each Solo Frame (*1)
Those Submasters do the same as what you want to achieve with your Dim Spot, Dim Wash, Dim Top and Dim Back sliders.

*1 As your MH Spots use a color wheel, you need a different approach to get the submaster working: place that specific solo frame inside a standard Frame, add a button for a scene to set your Level to 255 and make sure place this button and the submaster slider in this standard frame (not in the solo frame).
You probably also have to unbox the "Can Fade" option (Channel Configuration on your Fixtures Tab) of your Color Wheel, as you don't want the Submaster to affect your Color Wheel.
Hi Michel,
It can be that you explained this in your message but i didn't understand it, Like i said i'm quite new to QLC.
My problem is that when i make a flash scene where i use the same channel as the color scene. My fixtures seem to get stuck on that scene and i cant get them back. All the other channels seem to have no problem. For example When i put my spot on a red scene, And than use my flash button to make them white, As soon as i release the button the spot become red again, But they get stuck on the red. I have to restart my complete file to get them working again. Same for my rgb bars. If i put them on green for example and i use a white scene where i activate the R,G,B channels and set them to 0 to make a really white flash. it does what it needs to do, But when i release it the RGB channels get forced to that 0. I also added a video using capture to show you. Hope you have a solution for this. I also used you advice on the faders and disconnected them from each other.

Also
Achter means Back
Boven means Top

Link Video : https://uploadnow.io/f/hCqSqhy
MichelSliepenbeek

"My fixtures" seem to get stuck on that scene and i cant get them back.

I watched your video several times and i did see that in Capture, when you use the Bump button your fixtures get stuck.
I wonder what happens when you do the same with real fixtures connected (instead of using Capture).
Did you try that as well?

As i don't have Capture installed on my PC, i have to do with the QLC+ Fixture monitor and then everything does what it is expected to do.
In other words: i could not reproduce the errors you ran into.

That's what made me wonder if it is possible that Capture is causing your problems.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
daankingmanl

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm
That's what made me wonder if it is possible that Capture is causing your problems.
I don't think so, If you watch the video at the end i have the DMX monitor open. You see that all the values connected to the white flash are stuck. For the bars the RGB channels and for the panther 25 its the colour wheel channel that gets stuck. You see that i put on another scene the values don't change. seems like the flash button forces it to stay at the 0 after the "White flash" scene has faded out. But the dimmers still respond.
daankingmanl

Hello everyone, I found the problem. Apparently you can't add a fade out to a flash button then you get the problem of it getting stuck. But i would really like to use the fade out so if someone has a solution for this please tell me!!

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question!
MichelSliepenbeek

If you read the release notes of 4.12.7 (viewtopic.php?t=16421) it says otherwise: LTP channels will now fade out as well.

Have a look at the Channel Fade Configuration (on the Fixtures Tab) of your Panthers and unbox "Can Fade" for your Color Wheel (and do the same for channel 7,8,9 and 10).
Might be that this was your actual problem and that Fade Out now will work like it should.
fubarpatsharp

daankingmanl wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm Hello everyone, I found the problem. Apparently you can't add a fade out to a flash button then you get the problem of it getting stuck. But i would really like to use the fade out so if someone has a solution for this please tell me!!

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question!
Hello, have the same problem with fading out on flash buttons. Actually, I think it might be connected with the issue that was already created in the Github repo: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/issues/1524