Add fade to flash button

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Lynix

Hi, is there any way to add a small fade in and fade out to a flash button?

I want to be able to hit a keybinding that displays a scene for as long as i hold it.
Using flash function works but it seems to ignore any fades.

I need like 0.5 s fade because otherwise the flashes are way to heavy for the music genere.

Do i really have to make frame of type normal and add toggle button, meaning i would have to hit the button twice for a faded flash effect?

Cheers
ShagLight

One way to do it is put the fade into the scene itself.
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
Lynix

ShagLight wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm One way to do it is put the fade into the scene itself.
I have tried that, as well as using a speed dial. The flash button seems to ignore the setup fade of the function.

Unless with "scene" you mean something other than function.

I have attached a minimal example of my attempt.
Attachments
test.qxw
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
GGGss

ShagLight wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm One way to do it is put the fade into the scene itself.
This statement is wrong ... flash is what it says and is intended to be: a flash button.

There are some workarounds on the forum. Search a little for them... it is even a hot topic...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

I don't typically use the Flash function. Similar to what ShagLight wrote, I create a scene which sets the fixture(s) in question to Brightness I want. I'll add that scene into a Chase, with 0 Fade-In, set the Hold to however long I want the fixture to stay on, then set the Fade-Out to a value that gives me the look I want.
ShagLight

I just played with it. For some reason, fade out works, but not fade in. Try some of the workarounds. No big thing, but it would be nice to have an option on the flash mode to recognize fades.
ShagLight

GGGss wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:14 am
This statement is wrong ... flash is what it says and is intended to be: a flash button.

There are some workarounds on the forum. Search a little for them... it is even a hot topic...
You are right. For some reason I thought that worked like that. But after playing with it I found that for some reason, it will fade out but not fade in.