Bypass moving heads zones

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Flight

Hello, when programming moving heads, can I specify areas that the devices should not illuminate? So that the areas are bypassed or the light there is dimmed more when they move here? For example, while driving from position A to position B.
GGGss

There is no automatism for this.
You could use the channel modifiers to omit a zone where the heads should not shine. But again, the channel modifier for the pan channel does not interact with the tilt channel.
Is there any specific need for this? Curtains / backdrop or so?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

In this thread they try to achieve something simular: viewtopic.php?t=17213
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Flight

Thanks for the answer.
There are fixed areas on the stage where the musicians stand. It's annoying when the front moving heads dazzle as they move past.
With the solution in the link, I would have to set a min and max switch for pan and tilt for each MH in order to define a range in between without the two contradicting each other. seems to be complicated.
GGGss

Flight wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 pm seems to be complicated.
It is! You want to limit areas in a 3D world, while we can only limit values in a 2D setting.
In the real world, I only heard musicians complain about fixed front lights shining too bright in their eyes. A passing beam from a mover doesn't inflict unless you have an epileptic patient...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore