Fixtures not working

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Archeahoi

Hey guys
Need your help please !
If I download different fixtures or create by myself, I put the fixtures in the fixture-folder of my library !
But the fixture isn’t in my program …

I tried different things like, delete qlc and install it as admin, also open the Programm als Admin… not works

I also check the file if it have any errors … the checking of the validator says that’s everything ok !

I hope someone can help me
Greets Julian
Attachments
IMG_5182.jpeg
GGGss

This looks oke - the custom fixture is in the right place.
After copying the file to the location, you have to restart QLC+, so it can reread the users' fixture collection.
If you put Chauvet in the fixture definition as manufacturer, you should be able to find it in QLC+
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

..... , I put the fixtures in the fixture-folder of my library !
It looks to me as if you created a folder (chauvet) in your user library and it has about all the Chauvet fixtures that came with QLC+ and one more (or you might even have moved the entire QLC+ Fixture Library to your user lib).

You need to understand that QLC+ uses 2 Fixture libraries:
- the first one is in the library where QLC+ is installed. It contains all the fixture profiles that come with QLC+ ( If you install a new release of QLC+ this library will be overwritten).
- the second one is in your user library and should be used (only) for profiles you created yourself (If you install a new release of QLC+ this library will be left untouched).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Archeahoi

GGGss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 am This looks oke - the custom fixture is in the right place.
After copying the file to the location, you have to restart QLC+, so it can reread the users' fixture collection.
If you put Chauvet in the fixture definition as manufacturer, you should be able to find it in QLC+
thanks for your answer !
I tried also to restart the program and also windows !
The manufacture is also in the right place
But anyways I can’t find it in qlc :?
Archeahoi

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am
..... , I put the fixtures in the fixture-folder of my library !
It looks to me as if you created a folder (chauvet) in your user library and it has about all the Chauvet fixtures that came with QLC+ and one more (or even moved the entire QLC+ Fixture Library to your user lib).

You need to understand that QLC+ uses 2 Fixture libraries:
- the first one is in the library where QLC+ is installed. It contains all the fixture profiles that come with QLC+ ( If you install a new release of QLC+ this library will be overwritten).
- the second one is in your user library and should be used (only) for profiles you created yourself (If you install a new release of QLC+ this library will be left untouched).
Ahh okay ! Is this library also in my qlc folders ? I will take a look later and let u know if it’s work ! Thanks 🙏
MichelSliepenbeek

In your user library C:\Benutzer\Julian Soutscheck\QLC+\Fixtures you should not create another library (like C:\Benutzer\Julian Soutscheck\QLC+\Fixtures\Chauvet).

Only place your "personal Fixture Profiles" (the ones you created because they were not available in the standard QLC+ Fixture Library) in your user library (so in your example only Chauvet-Obsession-HP).

The standard QLC+ Fixture Library should be in the same library where you launch your QLC+ program from. By default this is: C:\QLC+.

In the JPG you attached, it seems like you moved the entire standard QLC+ Fixture Library to your User library and then added your "personal Fixture Profile" to it.

You could check the manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-definition-editor
Also have a look at questions 4 and 5 overhere: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/basics/ques ... nd-answers
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
GGGss

@both of you,

Since v4.12.7 fixtures placed inside the same directory of your project, they will be found. IMHO it is good practice to keep them inside your users-folders/qlc/Fixtures location.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Archeahoi

@gggss that’s the Point ! I didn’t anything with my fixture library’s … on my other computer I have the old version of qlc and it work perfect with another fixture library

I tried like you told me, to close the Programm also restarted qlc… but it can’t find my fixture anyways 🥴
GGGss

I was only pointing out that fixtures inside the same directory of your project will be found in the latest version of QLC+
I hope Michel already pointed out some remedies for your problem?
MichelSliepenbeek

Have a (closer) look at the JPG in Julians first post, specifically the Path that is shown on top.
This does not make sense.

You should not create sublibraries in your QLC+ user fixture library.
kenact

To try and make it more clear, in the image that was shared, fixtures were placed in:

C:\Benutzer\Juian Soutschek\QLC\Fixtures\Chauvet

This will not work. Fixtures for Julian should be in the folder:

C:\Benutzer\Juian Soutschek\QLC\Fixtures

There should be no subfolders.