Newbie and first hurdles (console/wifi)

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
tripleb

Hi,

just started to discover QLC+ on the Raspberry. I'm currently doing my first steps on a Raspberry400. I put the image on an SD Card and start up. QLC starts, I can see my USB-DMX dongle - OK
If I connect to a wired LAN I get an IP and connect ny the console - OK

I only can change to a WiFi by the Webinterface when connected by wire (Setup menu, enter SSID + Passed) directly, there's no corresponding. menu on the local interface (HDMI/Keyboard/Mouse)?

When I tried to do this, the image does not react to the click on the reboot button, after changing the WiFi config

I tried to enter the local console by stopping QLC (Ctrl+F12) and getting a console by CTRL+ALT-Backspac. However QLC restarts in 2-3s before I'm even able to enter the default credentials?

Before entering by SSH/LAN into the config files: any other ways, things I could try?

Cheers,
BBB
mcallegari

In the 20240317 image QLC+ always restarts. This is a mistake and will be fixed in the next release.
In the meantime you can access via SSH and do:

Code: Select all

systemctl stop qlcplus
I only can change to a WiFi by the Webinterface when connected by wire (Setup menu, enter SSID + Passed) directly, there's no corresponding. menu on the local interface (HDMI/Keyboard/Mouse)?
There's not really a "menu on the local interface". It's basically a command line and you need to have some Linux knowledge to operate there.
The most human-reach tool is raspi-config where you can do most of the common setup on a Raspberry Pi, including connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentati ... ation.html
tripleb

Thanks, I was just wondering. I have some basic Linux/Raspberry knowledge and changed it just before you wrote via ssh/raspi-config ;-)

Regarding WiFi settings in the web interface in the configuration-->System section - you did not answer/refer to this: on my installation there was no response in clicking "reboot" after I applied my SSID/password. I this a bug, or does it relate to the restart mistake?