4.13.0 Slower Than 4.11.2?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
ShagLight

After using 4.13.0 for 2 shows in a row this weekend and putting it through it's paces, I got it working good, but noticed a few things.

In particular, 4.13.0 seems to be a bit slower than 4.11.2 at sending DMX data when running wirelessly (ArtNet over WIFI). But I've been running an ethernet cable instead and it's fine that way. I've also noticed this on versions previous to 4.13.0.

Also I noticed in the input/output section, when checking the output check box for the artnet, 4.11.2 starts sending data instantly, but with 4.13.0, it takes a brief moment. Nothing to worry about but at first I thought something was wrong with my ethernet/artnet connection. I was clicking all the check boxes trying to find the right one. If I would've waited a moment, LOL
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!
GGGss

ShagLight wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:38 pm After using 4.13.0 for 2 shows in a row this weekend and putting it through it's paces, I got it working good, but noticed a few things.

In particular, 4.13.0 seems to be a bit slower than 4.11.2 at sending DMX data when running wirelessly (ArtNet over WIFI). But I've been running an ethernet cable instead and it's fine that way. I've also noticed this on versions previous to 4.13.0.

Also I noticed in the input/output section, when checking the output check box for the artnet, 4.11.2 starts sending data instantly, but with 4.13.0, it takes a brief moment. Nothing to worry about but at first I thought something was wrong with my ethernet/artnet connection. I was clicking all the check boxes trying to find the right one. If I would've waited a moment, LOL
With the overhaul of the Artnet add-in, v4.13 indeed waits a little while before outputting data. Artnet latest version (v4) changed the way nodes have to be discovered, and needs some time for answers to come in and the host being possible for enumerate all nodes. After discovery mode, the nodes are ready to accept data packets.

Artnet relies on broadcast network packets and some Wifi access points don't allow broadcasts to be sent wirelessly... (Broadcast storm control). So don't rely on Wifi for Artnet as a rule.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

As stated in the 4.13.0 changelog, Art-Net default transmission mode is now conforming to standard, meaning that: if DMX channels change, the whole universe is transmitted right away. If DMX channels do not change, universe is refreshed every 2 seconds. This is what MA, the industry reference, does.
If this doesn't work for you, you can go back to Full transmission mode.
ShagLight

mcallegari wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 am As stated in the 4.13.0 changelog, Art-Net default transmission mode is now conforming to standard, meaning that: if DMX channels change, the whole universe is transmitted right away. If DMX channels do not change, universe is refreshed every 2 seconds. This is what MA, the industry reference, does.
If this doesn't work for you, you can go back to Full transmission mode.
Very interesting. I'm glad to find out it wasn't just me. LOL It works fine as long as I use an ethernet cable. But wouldn't want to use the new version wirelessly (artnet over WIFI) like I used to.
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!