QLC+ Crashing

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
seubanks

I currently use QLC+ as a 24/7 lighting controller for our church. We use automation through NodeRed to light up our stained glass at night and Home-assistant inputs with NodeRed to have buttons around the sanctuary for people and the cleaning crew to turn them on or off easily through the week.

Now that I’ve explained how we use it, the issue we have is sometimes it will stop working. It can sometimes takes weeks for it to happen but our artnet controller will go idle leaving the last sent scene and we loose access to the web control. Typically we can just restart the service and it works again, but during a service we can’t do that since it turns the lights off when it starts back up. We don’t know what causes it and seems to happen at random. Are there logs we can find to see what’s happening and if so use that to solve the issue?

This is the current status of qlc+ while I still have no access to it and the artnet controller is idle.

Code: Select all

● qlcplus.service - LSB: Q Light Controller Plus
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/qlcplus; generated)
     Active: active (exited) since Wed 2024-04-03 21:02:32 BST; 3 days ago
       Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 491 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/qlcplus start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 2h 57min 16.690s

Apr 03 21:02:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Q Light Controller Plus...
Apr 03 21:02:32 raspberrypi qlcplus[491]: Starting Q Light Controller Plus: qlcplus.
Apr 03 21:02:32 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: Q Light Controller Plus.

Let me know if I need to provide any more info.

TL;DR: QLC+ can crash during a church service, how can I find logs to solve this and how can I solve this?