iPad Woes with QLC+ 4

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
osram750

Hi friends,

longtime lurker, finally posting as I need some help.

I am currently running QLC 4 on a RPi, zero issues until I had to make some user accounts.

Once I created user accounts, the iPad I normally connect with now refuses to work with the virtual console. Strangely, it can login, access Simple Console, and even reach the configuration page, although input via S-Desk or V-Console is moot.

I found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13646 describing what seems to be the same issue, so I went ahead and removed the "web_passwd" file, saved, and gave the machine a restart. Same behavior as before.

Several other iOS devices (iPhones in this case), a few Androids, and everything else I try works just fine. It's just this one iPad that does not want to work. I've gone the length of factory resetting, and still no luck. I have another iPad I can try tomorrow, but since it's a personal device, I can't dedicate it to my workplace if it works...

The network is isolated from other connections, everything is manually assigned and accounted for, and so on, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

There must be something I'm missing, the unit connects and displays the page, and even updates as I utilize the v-console from other devices, it just won't input from itself to the program. What's going on? What else can I try?

Thank you everybody!
osram750

Hi all, some things I have tried.

First of all I noticed that I had not updated my startup scripts on the machine running QLC+. My bad. It was being launched with the "-wa" argument, and while there are no users or authentication information, it still ran the webserver and posed the problem in question regarding the iPad, all other web-clients seemed to work just fine.

I've tried launching with "-w" and "--web", but the problem remains the same. I will try launching the showfile from another computer - if the iPad connects in the new instance, then that should confirm that the issue is local to my machine. I will also try to run a blank testing file on the RPi (the host machine)... I am open to trying a reinstall of the whole OS (Raspian), as it should not take too long, but I wonder what could be causing such an issue to a single device.

Any advice would be great. Thanks everybody, and special thank you Massimo for your work on creating, maintaining and improving this amazing program.