Adding colors to generic channels

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
fooliosis

Hello!
I am new to this program, and currently getting used to it in preparation for our schools musical next week. I am currently assigning different fixtures, and have come across a slight issue and was wondering if you guys know of a fix.

I am trying to add the Eliminator Lighting FROST FX Bar RGBW and it is not available in the device list- no problem, I can just add it as a generic fixture. My question is are you able to assign colors to different channels instead of a generic light? This would make it more helpful for color mixing on the bar itself instead of manually mixing the colors.
Any thoughts?
MichelSliepenbeek

You can find the manual here: https://d295jznhem2tn9.cloudfront.net/I ... MANUAL.pdf

Of coarse the best solution is to create a Fixture Definition, though if you haven't done that before, it is not the easiest to start with. :) :)

As an alternative you could set it up as a set of Generic RGBW and Generic RGB fixtures.

If your fixture is in 7 channel mode set it up as 1 Generic RGBW, followed by 1 Generic RGB fixture.
For 11 channel mode, do the same and add 4 more Generic Dimmers (for 18 channel mode add 11 Generic Dimmers).

If your fixture is in 98 channel mode set it up as 14 Generic RGBW, followed by 14 Generic RGB fixtures.
For 107 channel mode, do the same and add 9 more Generic Dimmers (for 111 channel mode add 13 Generic Dimmers).

From the optional channels at the end only "Main Pixel 1 - 14 Dimmer" and "Background color 1 - 14 Dimmer" are really relevant (channels 9 and 11 in 11 channel mode, channels 13 and 15 in 18 channel mode, channels 100 and 102 in 107 channel mode and channels 106 and 108 in 111 channel mode).
They are your Master Dimmers.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
GGGss

As an inspiration, I am attaching the 98 channel FOS SuperStorm definition.
Attachments
FOS-SuperStorm.qxf
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MichelSliepenbeek

It was raining overhere, so i had to skip my plan to work in the garden. :)

Eliminator_Frost-FX-Bar-RGBW.QXF
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Make sure to save it in your user library (https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-definition-editor).

I started with Fredjes QXF file (shared credits) and to save time did a lot of copy and pasting in Notepad.
As i cannot afford to buy such a nice fixture myself, this QXF should be considered as "not tested". :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
MichelSliepenbeek

If you only have 1 week to your schools musical:

Create 3 different fixture groups: one for (all 14 "Heads" of) your Main Pixels, one for (all 14 "Heads" of) your Background Colors and one with all 28 "Heads".
Make sure your lay out is in the right order.

Now use RGB Matrices to create some nice effects.
This is a lot easier than creating loads of scenes for every pixel in every color and then buidling chasers with those scenes.