Corrupted Show File

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
charliem

I am running the latest PI version of QLC. I have been editing my show file regularly without issue. When I have come to load QLC today I opened the attached show file and get the error message. "Unable to Read From Resource" and nothing loads.

The OS seems to be able to read and copy the file fine. The file appears to be roughly the correct size. FSCK shows no issues with the file system. Has QLC just written a corrupt file or has there been a hardware failure thats flipped bits?

I do have a backup which opens fine in QLC. However its missing about 5 hours of work I did post yesterdays backup.

Is there anything that can be done with this file?

Thanks,

Charlie
Attachments
Back Light with Spots - Corrupt.qxw
(450.89 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
edogawa

This file is 450 kB of zero-bytes, it overwhelms my text editor when trying to load it...
(I examined it with okteta, a hex editor afterwards)
charliem

I wonder why its all zeros but the same size as the original file. Presumably the SD Card has failed rather than a QLC bug. Its only a week old SanDisk SD Card. I bought a new one when I upgraded to the latest version of the PI Image so that I could keep the existing card as a backup to make sure we can cover the gigs we have coming up (that QLC controls the lighting for).

Anyway thanks for taking a look at the file.
kenact

I'm able to open the file in Notepad++

The length is 461,710 on 1 line, and it is all Null. This usually indicates an interruption during the transfer process.