QLC+ for escape room?

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Guus2005

QLC+ looks amazing and i was wondering if it can be used in an Escape Room setting.
Scenario's and events need to be triggered by external buttons.

I have several Arduino's which do all the work, but when a puzzle completes lights need to go flashing and stuff.
I wanted to use QLC+ for that. Is that even possible?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Guus.
Yestalgia

Yes absolutely!

This is a classic use-case for QLC+, many Halloween setups I've seen implement interactive control of lighting, sound and even robotics control using QLC+.

I'm not sure how you have your Arduinos setup but I believe I've seen a tutorial for making a button send a midi message over USB. This is something which you could map into QLC+ to trigger a light chase for example.

Anyway, feel free to add more detail and we can take a look at some options for you.

Cheers
Guus2005

Thanks for your swift reply.
You've made me very happy.
Running a scenario with QLC+ seems a lot easier than to program all the coordinates for a movable head...
Yes, it is quite a large escape room. It could also function as a place for parties.

Now i need a RPi (4) with a DMX shield or is it better to use a USB -> DMX connection? They are more expensive than a RPi DMX shield.
What do you recommend?

If you could share the url where you saw that tutorial that would help a lot!

Thanks for your time,
Regards,
Guus
MoKi

I got myself a USB -> DMX from amazon for under 20 euros. You can use the USB on your pc as well which could come in handy at times, the shield is RPI only. I would go for usb as it has broader compatibility, and if you ever want to replace the RPI you can just plug the USB into the new device