Unexpected Behavior in 4.13.0

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
gmint

I inadvertently posted this in the release thread for 4.13.0...
gmint wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm First of all, GREAT to see a new update! However, with respect to this:
mcallegari wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm
  • Enhanced Features: Improved 16-bit Support: Enhanced support for 16-bit channels, providing finer control and smoother transitions for your lighting fixtures.
    Please note that relative EFX will work if a Scene + EFX are running in a Collection or with buttons activated together in the Virtual Console. To fully support 16bit if a position Scene is started and then stopped, a relative EFX will no longer work as before.
perhaps I'm not understanding what is supposed to work and what is not. For example, I have a collection which includes (among other things) a chase of several scenes that define positions as well as a relative FX. Although the scenes work as expected, the relative chase no longer functions. From the way I read this, this should be expected to work. Am I wrong about that? MacOS for this particular issue.
To provide context, this comment was made:
GGGss wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm Start a new thread please.
Send in your project there. The 16b engine needs an entirely relative reference point.
I'm not sure I understand "an entirely relative reference point." In theory, I understand what you mean, but doesn't this just mean that it's not possible to use a scene and an FX together at all? Or is there some new functionality that has been added?

To be clear, I feel like this is a fairly significant change in the QLC+ paradigm and I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this is supposed to work.