Crashing with video playback

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
dpratstur

Hi!

I have been using QLC+ for years and I am very happy with it. However, from the beginning I have had some problems with video playback that I have read in the forum other users have also experienced.

I have several shows and scenes that play mp4 videos. I have the K-Lite codec pack installed, but when many videos are played, QLC+ crashes and closes.

I have read that some users have solved this by installing Cole Williams Codec Pack, but I installed it and the videos did not work. When I launched a scene, I could hear the video but the image is was displayed on the screen. I don't know if it might be a configuration error on my part or if someone could tell me how to configure it correctly.

I am not very knowledgeable about codecs and this video issue worries me because I am preparing a show that will have many videos and I think the chances of the program crashing will increase...

Any suggestion?

THANKS!!
kenact

I have found using the K-Lite codecs is problematic, not only in QLC+ but in other video players that use them.

A couple of years ago I started converting my video files to WMV, the native Windows format, and removing the K-Lite package. It isn't perfect, but it's far more stable than using the K-Lite codecs.
mcallegari

Otherwise you can opt for another OS like Linux where gstreamer has many different supported formats and backends
dpratstur

Hi again! As kenact said, I converted to wmv files and the problem seems to be solved. Thanks!
kenact

dpratstur wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:46 pm Hi again! As kenact said, I converted to wmv files and the problem seems to be solved. Thanks!
It is also necessary to uninstall the K-Lite codecs, otherwise QLC+ will continue using them, instead of the built in Windows codecs.