CHASER TRANSITIONS

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
RobGal

Hi everyone and thx in advance !!!
I'm using two types of fixtures, both ShowTec: a LED PAR and a LED SPOT
I've created some SCENES, and when I go from one to another in FUNCTIONS mode it's all OK
when I use the same scenes in the chaser, in the virtual console, even if the SPOT parameters do not change, it still turns off and on again. And the same thing also happens with the motorized ZOOM: it goes to 0 and then returns to the value defined in the scene.
The alternative is to use the buttons, but for various reasons it would be more useful for me to use the chaser.
Can anyone help me? as long as I explained myself well...
Many many thx, as usual
Roberto
kenact

Can you share your project?

What version of QLC+ are you using and what is your computer environment?
GGGss

I guess that you use fade times in your chaser, and your fixture profiles are incorrect.
If they go on and off and your zoom is attenuated, all those channels are set to intensity in your fixture profile. This is wrong...
As Ken asked, please provide your workspace (and include the custom fixtures).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
RobGal

Thankyou so much !!!
Yes, I'm wrong with fixture profile of my Showtec-ACT-PC-60-RGBW
For now I can't attach custom fixture file, but which is the correct setting, instead of intensity? Phephs: preset Custom and Type RED ?
This evening I'll try to solve, or send you the requested files.
THX
Roberto
MichelSliepenbeek

It is good practice to create seperate sets of scenes for:
- Colors, where you only box the RGB (and maybe W, A , UV) channels.
- Positions, where you only box the Pan and/or Tilt channels.
- Gobo, Strobe, Built In Programms etc.

That way, if you want to change the color and you want to use a Fade on that, it does not affect your other channels.

If, in a specific situation, you want to change Color and Position at the same time, you can create a Collection for that.

For channels like Master Level and Pan/Tilt Speed (but also Frost and Zoom), it is best to put a slider on your VC.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
RobGal

Here I am :)
In attachment: fixture definition (self and most probably wrong made ;)), and the project file. For example, the issue recurres using LA CARTA GIALLA chaser.
I'm trying to change fixture definition parameters, but for now without success :(
THX THX THX
Roberto

QLC+ 4.12.6
Windows 11

... continuing to modify ... I definitively killed my fixture file !!!
Attachments
Showtec-ACT-PC-60-RGBW.qxf
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
SpazioRob.qxw
(39.87 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
MichelSliepenbeek

Roberto,

i made some corrections to your Fixture Definition.

I was surprised to see that you did set up all your color Channels as Fine (LSB) and changed that.
Only if a Fixture has 16 bit control you use Coarse (MSB = Most Significant Byte) and Fine (LSB = Least Significant Byte).

I corrected the "Acts on" s, you should only use this for channel 11 to act on channel 10.
I added some descriptions for Color Macro's, Strobe and Chases.
I removed the Head (you only need this if your Fixture has more than one Head).
I also added 5 and 7 channel mode.

The improved version can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=17121
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
RobGal

Michel thankyou so much !!!
unfortunately though... the problem remains. Sigh !!!
MichelSliepenbeek

The fixture definition i provided uses the same name for Manufacturer and Model.

It is important to remove the old Fixture Definition from your User Library.
If you only rename the QXF file, but leave Manufacturer and Model unchanged, you create a conflict: QLC+ uses Manufacturer and Model that are in the file, so if you have 2 files with the same values, it might be that the old definition remains active.

You can recognise the difference easily, as my version has 3 modes (11 channel, 7 channel and 5 channel).
RobGal

THX Michel :))))))
Thank you for your invaluable support. Without you I would NEVER have done it!!!
And thx to everyone: for time and shared experiences.
I'm grateful :)
Roberto

PS: I'm passionate about small theater shows, and I'm learning... everything from you.