Channel stays on Value on Startup

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
JustaUsername

When I Press Play the red X automatically appears as if a function is started by the Play Button, i don't think it is possible that functions run on startup.
This leads to some Dimmer Channels being set to 255. It only appears on some of my spot fixtures. Does anyone have an idea what this could be? I do not have anything activated in the Virtual Console.
Thanks
janosvitok

Please attach your qxw file and any custom qxf files here or somewhere to download.
MichelSliepenbeek

.... i don't think it is possible that functions run on startup.
It is possible, QLC has a Start Up Function.
If you go to the Function Manager (press the Functions Tab) and then select the Icon with the Green Flag you can set a Start Up Function (or select "No-Function" to deactivate it).

Check the Manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/function-manager

Another option could be when you run a script. If your script contains a StartFunction and the related function no longer exists, QLC sometimes can start a completely different function.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
musicmand

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm Check the Manual: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/function-manager
Ho-lee crap. I've been using QLC+ for three years and had no idea there was a manual. I've been poring over Youtube videos, trying to figure out how some of these functions even work. Gee whiz.
sbenejam

The QLC+ has had an integrated help in the program and could also be consulted on the website. Now it has been taken out of the program, to a more modern and structured online help.
GGGss

sbenejam wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:49 am The QLC+ has had an integrated help in the program and could also be consulted on the website. Now it has been taken out of the program, to a more modern and structured online help.
In my Windows version, I still have the question mark present, opening a window with the manual there ... it would be really bad practice, not to include a help function for in off-line conditions. I never assume to have any connection to the internet in the wild. If I need one, I foresee myself of a wireless cell hotspot and then you realize, you are sitting inside a bunker with no signals at all...

So the (minimal) help should be packed together with the .exe and .dll's IMHO
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

We are working to generate a PDF manual out of the online version, so "offline" reading will still be possible.