5beta3: detached 2d view does not stay ontop

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
Dado

Hi team,
in an old video from Massimo I saw that it's possible to detach 2D View window, I like it, but in the Massimo's video the window remain ontop of the application so it's possible to click around in the DMX View keeping the 2DView there.
On my windows pc, qlc5 beta3, as soon as I click in the DMX View I loose the 2D View that is sent behind the main window.
Like this is not very useful, I should reduce the main window size or use 2 monitors.

Is it a bug or the behavior was changed from when Massimo created the youtube video?

mcallegari

That behavior doesn't depend on QLC+ but on your OS.
In Linux I have the possibility to keep a window on top of another.
In any case, detaching a context is meant to be used on multiple monitors, not for overlapping windows.
Dado

oh I see thanks for the kind reply.
In Windows is possible to programmatically specify that a windows should stay ontop , so I think that if many QLC users would find it useful, could be a new feature in some new release :)

in the meantime, if anybody is interested in keeping it ontop in one single monitor, I found that using a freeware tool called "DeskPins", using the "Autopin" functionality in the options do the job