Amateur Theatre with QLC+

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
sbenejam

This week I have collaborated with an amateur theatre company in my city, in a school theater deeply rooted in the city. Where almost 40 years ago I started doing my first lighting jobs.

Technology has changed a lot since then. I started at a time when technical infrastructure was very poor and we often used obsolete equipment and a lot of imagination and home solutions. Using home-made intensity regulators for lights, cassette tapes for music and audio effects. Fixtures with incandescent bulbs where the bulbs were larger than most current LED fixtures.

The play is a comedy, there are practically no light effects. The three acts of the play are practically the same just transitions at the beginning and end of the acts. Knowing the channels and fixtures installed in the theater, the project was created at home. Once in the theater I just had to start the computer, connect the NanoKontrol2, the Enttec ODE MK3, connect to the DMX circuit of the theater, start the QLC+ and everything worked at the first attempt.

The virtual console is very simple only a Cue List of sequentially ordered scenes and some manual controls in case they are necessary during the performance in scenes and specific situations. The music and audio effects are played by another guy from other laptop.

Many thanks to Massimo and the other collaborators of the QLC+ project, especially to Yestalgia for its selfless donation that he made to me of an Enttec ODE MK3 some time ago.
IMG_20240220_201611.jpg
IMG_20240220_201543.jpg