Custom fixture definition

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
pilotdan1985

I've been trying to add a new custom fixture to qlc+ (fixture definitions and qxf files attached) I've a custom fixture before and was successful (file named uking-par works great as expected). However, I'm having a really hard time with the seemingly more simpler fixture which I named "Dan". The actual name of the fixture on the box says "XKL-A4". Btw Im using USB to wireless DMX device called an ENTTEC open dmx usb on one universe.

The XKL-A4 works great with the IR remote, good by using a manual dmx control, and good by the buttons on the back of the fixture. But as soon as I try QLC+ it gets weird. I'm using 72 channels with my other fixtures so I'm attempting to the A4s on channels 73 or 74 and up. Set up this way (and yes with the channel set on the fixture as such) it does absolutely nothing at all. If I add it to channel 1 and adjust channel 1 in the simple desk I do get the color red unxepectedly as according to the instructions (also attached) this should be a "total dimming" channel.

I'm also a little confused about one part of the channel definition functions for d001 and C001 where it says d001 "address code value (channel 7, it is used in prefessional stage lighting). If I try to set either d001 or C001 to anything they both mimic each other. EI if I set d001 to 7 as the instructions suggest and then set C001 to a channel... lets say channel 73. d001 changes to 73. Also, just through troubleshooting purposes I have tried to change the DMX Connector type to all options available and that doest seem to affect anything either... allthough Im not sure its supposed to or if thats just a discriptive item?

Any advice here anyone on getting these PARS working?
pilotdan1985

Dan.qxw
(76.04 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Dan Par.qxf
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
423147609_1088513042269965_4731729198797161281_n.jpg
MichelSliepenbeek

I made some changes to your fixture definition:
- changed type to color changer (this only affects the icon that will be used in the fixture editor).
- added dimensions (this only affects the size the fixture will get in the fixture monitor).
- changed the "acts on" s. (if you had used the Fixture validator https://www.qlcplus.org/fixture_validator.php it would have told you :) :) )
- removed the Head (you only need this if your fixture has more than one head).

Dan Par v2.qxf
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

I don't think your Fixture Definition is causing your problems, but "just to be sure".

First thing to find out is whether your manual matches with your Fixture.
I suggest to set the fixture to D001. Add the attached Fixture Definition to your user library, open a new workspace and only add this fixture at DMX address 001.
Now use the simple desk and check if the channels act like described in the manual. So set the Master (channel 1) to 255 and now channel 2 should control Red, channel 3 should control Green and so on.

If the manual is not correct, change your Fixture Definition according to your findings.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
musicmand

I think the manual is showing some poor translation issues. My immediate guess is that the dXXX channels are the 7-channel mode as listed in the manual and the cXXX channels are a simple 3-channel mode (though since it's an RGBW fixture, I have no good guess what three channels that would be - maybe just RGB and ignore the white).