GPIO input not working to advance cue in cue list

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
macp

Running on Rpi 4 4Gb.
I need to use GPIO inputs to trigger next cue and previous cue in a cuelist.
The cuelist works fine using the onscreen arrow buttons, and from a keyboard key combination I put in as a test.

Universe 2 is set up as input:GPIO lines.
Assigning a gpio pin as an external input for next cue is accepted, but it doesn't work.
A button object defined using a gpio pin input works perfectly.
I have external pull-up resistors and input pin high/low voltage levels are correct.

This is the last hurdle in finishing a project, but it is a show stopper, literally.

I am hoping to not have to resort to an external usb keyboard emulator, but that s the next step.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mac
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

Do you see the blue joystick wiggling when you manipulate the GPIO? If not, there might be a numbering mismatch between the GPIO inputs and QLC+'s setting.
In general, QLC+ needs a rising edge as a valid signal. To start a function it needs to go from zero to one. If you want to stop this function, it again needs a zero to a one.
Which physical input do you use?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
macp

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have a blue joystick visible.

I am using GPIO 20 as the external input to trigger the next cue function(have tried numbers 20 through 27 with the same results).
Assigning any of these GPIO inputs to a VC button object works correctly, toggling it on and off on subsequent low/high cycles.
An additional observation today, when the RPi is first started and the program and show file load (I have it set to automatically load the show file on startup), the first press of the button (low-high transition) executes the next cue command as desired, but subsequent activations do not. If the RPi is shutdown and restarted, again the first press (only) works.
Perhaps the toggle functionality is involved somehow here, but it doesn't make sense to me, as the setup for the external input trigger has no options, and multiple low/high transitions still do not trigger the next cue function.
Is this something that needs an input profile to make the GPIO input be treated as momentary? I have not investigated input profiles yet.

-Mac
GGGss

You can verify the GPIO inputs by using a small script (outside of QLC+ of course). https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=63200
Did you ever initialize the GPIO's all together? Set every GPIO as input? You have to do this once.

If you detect both states of the GPIO, now you can start using QLC+. In your circuitry, you used a pull up resistor? Are you sure you pull the input down low enough for the raspi to detect this?
If you use GPIO 20, this means DMX input on channel 21 for QLC+ on the universe where GPIO is selected.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore