Chaser within a chaser - moving head doesn't fade

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
Sophia1

Hi everyone,

I have an issue when using a "chaser within a chaser" with 2x moving heads I have.

I've created a chaser that moves 2x moving heads ("Left-center" and "Right-Center") in a loop.

The chaser tells the moving heads to go from point A to point B slowly, and go back to point A quickly, and repeat.

The chaser "by itself" works well, and you can see the "pan" values changing as desired in the "fixture monitor".

The chaser has 2x scenes in it, and the only difference between the scenes is some tilt/panning.

The problem is where I put the chaser ("Pre-show-MH-incoming") into my main chaser ("WIE-Lights"). As you can see in the video, when I put the "Pre-show" chaser inside the "WIE-Lights", the chaser (Pre-show) doesn't "fade in/out", but just "jumps" between the points A and B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj3Ztp9nfg

I'm attaching the template.

I'm using QLC+ 4.12.7 on Windows 10.

Did I miss something?

Thank you so much!! ๐Ÿ˜

Sophia
Attachments
2-15-2024.qxw
(423.6 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
GGGss

To be able to debug your project, I would need the custom fixture definitions.
ScreenHunter_42 Feb. 16 10.24.gif
If a chaser has a sub chaser as step, timing should be set in the subchaser and the hold duration set in the parent chaser.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kenact

For a Chase inside a Chase, your outside Chase step has to have a Fade In/Fade Out at least equal to your inside Chase. The 0 Fade In and Fade Out is causing your problem.
Sophia1

I'm attaching all the custom fixtures to the post.

Regardless, it seems like adding the "fade in/hold" timing to the external chaser ("WIE-Lights") doesn't allow the inner chaser to run in loop.

In other words, the inner chaser bounce between two scenes endlessly.

When I put a timer in the external chaser for the inner chaser (Pre-show-MH-incoming), the "Pre-show-MH-incoming" runs only once (instead of running again and again).

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Sophia
Attachments
Chauvet-Freedom-Stick.qxf
(20.13 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
American-DJ-WiFly-BAR-QA5-my.qxf
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
American-DJ-WiFly-Bar-QA5-forum.qxf
(13.99 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Sophia1

More fixture definition
Attachments
Chauvet-Intimidator-SPOT-XYZ-my-v2.qxf
(8.04 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Chauvet-Intimidator-SPOT-XYZ-my.qxf
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Chauvet-Intimidator-Spot-Duo-155.qxf
(24.01 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Sophia1

More fixture definitions
Attachments
Stage_Right-Wash-7x12W-RGBW-Zoom-Moving-Head.qxf
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
House-lights-Dimmer-Pack.qxf
(817 Bytes) Downloaded 7 times
Elation-SIX-PAR-Z19-IP.qxf
(8.41 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
kenact

Sophia1 wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:58 am Regardless, it seems like adding the "fade in/hold" timing to the external chaser ("WIE-Lights") doesn't allow the inner chaser to run in loop.

In other words, the inner chaser bounce between two scenes endlessly.
Looking at you WIE-Lights Chase, you have Pre-show-MH-incoming set to Fade In 0, Hold โˆž, Fade Out 0. This will cause your Left-Center-Moving-Head to jump from position 60 to 99 and back.

Changing your first step to have an 8s Fade In, will get you closer to how your Pre-show-MH-incoming Chase is set up. I don't know that you will get it to work exactly, since the outer Chase timing takes precedence over the inner Chase.
Sophia1 wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:58 am When I put a timer in the external chaser for the inner chaser (Pre-show-MH-incoming), the "Pre-show-MH-incoming" runs only once (instead of running again and again).
Did you change your Hold value to something other than Infinite?