EFX using the pan/tilt macro instead of Pan And Tilt Channels

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
djeddiee

Hello, relatively new user of QLC+ and loving it already but today I ran into something I did not know how to solve.

I configured a fixture (17channel moving head Ayra ero 150bsw MK2) and tried to use EFX to have the moving head move around but for some reason it was using the Tilt AND the pan/tilt macro channels instead of the Tilt and Pan channels it should be using.

Pan is on channel 1, Tilt is on channel 2 and this pan/tilt macro is on channel 5. how can i change the EFX so it uses channel 1 and 2?
janosvitok

Please share your fixture definition, I could not find it among the standard ones.

For start, check that pan/tilt macro is marked neither as Pan nor as Tilt.

Jano
djeddiee

Thankyou for your quick reply!
Here is my fixture, the pan/tilt macro is actually called Pan/Tilt macro, would that be a problem?
Attachments
Ayra-ERO-150BSW-MKII.qxf
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
janosvitok

The problem is that the GROUP for that channel is PAN (Type: PAN)

If you don't need that channel, mark it as No Function.
If you need it, set the Type to Effect or Maintenance.

Jano
djeddiee

Thankyou Janos, will try that! I thought the types were there just for having an image on the channel :)
GGGss

The QLC+ engine uses PAN and TILT channels set in the fixture profile for the EFX module to know where the signal has to go to.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore