one silly question... for now

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
jlthla

So I'm not a lighting designer but do this as a hobby for some outside lights at my house. I've been using V4 for awhile but decided to give V5 a spin. I'm kind of blown away at how clean the new UI is. Obviously everything has been moved around, but I've managed to get a light working, and build a few Scenes, and create a Chase.

In the V4 version, once all the "creative work" was done, I'd click on the green arrow in the upper most right hand side of the screen, get a red square, and could then run all the my scenes, and chases, and everything else. Change from Design to Show.

But I can't get there in V5. I DO see the grey square in the upper right hand side, but nothing happens when I click on it.

I've gone to the Virtual Console page, added a button, dragged my chase to the button, and when I click on it, the button turns green, and the upper right square changes to white with a "2" underscore. I've even added a 2nd button with and dragged a "scene" to it, and when I click, it turns green, with a different underscore, but still no "show". So at the moment just need to figure out how to get out of the DESIGN stage into the SHOW stage.

Obviously, I'm missing a step... :(
GGGss

The concept of the need to alter the mode of the console was really '80-ies. This means that in v5 your are always in produce mode. When you alter functions, they will be shown immediately (if selected and enabled of course).
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
jlthla

OK

was kind of coming to that realization. wlll try to figure this out... thanks for your reply.