Uking Mini Moving Heads

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
grandpapaul

I have acquired a couple of these fixtures and have been able to create EFX for them using the EFX wizard. However the fixtures themselves have a built in random light and movement channel which I would like to use. However when I create a scene in the usual manner the fixtures stay on all the time and don’t respond to a button created in VC nor do they respond to the master dimmer. Any advice on whether it is possible to achieve this and if so what is the best way forward.. I am using the fixtures in the 9 channel mode that is with out the fine pan and tilt activated.
janosvitok

I can't find the definition for the light right now, so just a guess: Explicitly reset the built-in random channel to zero after you are done. If it is set to LTP, then the last value stays even if the scene is stopped.
You have to start another scene to reset the channel back to zero. Solo frames with buttons are great for this.

https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/basics/glos ... precedence
https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/virtual-console/solo-frame

Jano
grandpapaul

Thanks for the response. I will check the fixture editor and post the link.
rrstudio2

What do you think of the uking moving head lights? I have considered purchasing them in the past. I have some other uking lights which seem good for the price but wasn't sure if moving lights from a 3rd party would be any good. Be curious to hear your experience with them.
grandpapaul

I’ve only recently got them so I have yet to use then in theatre environment. They seem to produce a good light and seem to be well built and robust but I suspect they have limitations with regard to their versatility as you probably expect from a very inexpensive item . I will not be using them in a production until mid March but will post a bit about my experience.