Left Over Channels when replacing Lights

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
rileybwesley

I recently replaced some lights, the originals were 8 channel the new are 7 channel. When i added them to the fixtures tab they were automatically inserted into the channels where the original lights were assigned (i figure it checks to see if there are open channel gaps in the fixtures and places them there automatically if so). Took me a while to figure out what was going on, but it seems there were some wierd left over channel assignments left from the old lights. When using midi commands to switch my cue list in the virtual console the white channel on the new lights would change to 255 even though my scene had it set to 0. This only happened in midi operations. Problem was, once it happened once the white channel would stick to 255 and never change. Once i moved the new lights to a new channel block at the end of my existing fixture channels, the problem was solved.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum.
Be aware that there is a function to remap channels when replacing fixtures by an other type. https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-man ... -remapping
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore