Immutable QLC+ for only one User

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
vincenderman

Hello everyone!

I'm Vincent, part of the technical crew at the Tellkampfschool in Hannover, Germany. We want to replace our old lighting console with QLC+. As with our sound mixer, we want to have different users with different rights in QLC+. Therefore I was very happy to find out that QLC+ has a kiosk mode. So I set up two users "Technikcrew" and "Guest" in KDE. "Technikcrew" is a completely normal desktop setup, but "Guest" opens QLC+ in kiosk mode. With KDE Kiosk I can limit the capabilities of the KDE environment, but if you want to quit QLC+ with the exit button, it will take you to the desktop. But I want to logout. So I wrote a custom script

Code: Select all

blackout:on
systemcommand:/home/linux/bin/logout.sh
and linked it to a button on the virtual console. The custom script runs another .sh script:

qdbus-qt5 org.kde.ksmserver /KSMServer logout 1 0 1
This command opens the KDE logout window and gives you the option to cancel, shut down or reboot. It worked in the console, but the custom script in QLC just did not work.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? Am I making a stupid mistake? With the KDE logout window it would be a dream, but if the user just logs out it would also be ok.

Thanks in advance,
Vincent
mcallegari

Hi, are you sure the user that runs QLC+ has the right permissions to run that script?
Or maybe the Script duration is so short that the bash script is killed before even being executed.
Try to add this after the system call

wait:30s