The format of the fixtures

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Cheng

The format of the fixtures does not support the following combinations for the 3D display:
  • Two lamps exist in a physical device, which are controlled separately.
  • Only the physical device, pan and tilt are the same for both lamps.
At the moment, only one lamp can be entered. It is therefore not possible to distinguish, which lamp is being controlled in the channels.

Example: Varytec Hero Spot Wash 140 2in1 https://www.thomann.de/intl/varytec_her ... 9&reload=1
  • Light source:
  • 4x 10W RGBW 4in1 LED ring and
  • 1x 100W white light spot LED
  • 16bit Pan / Tilt: 540° / 190°
  • Beam angle wash: 25°
  • Beam angle spot: 18°
  • Rotatable 3-facet prism (on the spot only)
This requires a redisgn of the fixtures and could lead to side effects. Not urgent at all. But on the long run it would be a good thing ...
MichelSliepenbeek

Have a look at: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-def ... itor/modes

In the fixture editor, on the Modes tab, you can add two Heads: one for the spot (select Spot Dimmer and Color Wheel) and one for Wash (select Wash Dimmer and Red, Green, Blue and White).
You should notice that when you add a "Multi Head Fixture" to a Fixture Group or to your 2d Monitor, you now can make a selection from the available Heads.

Like this:
Attachments
Varytec-Hero-Spot-Wash-140-2in1-RGBW+W V2.qxf
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Cheng

yes, there was s.th. on the video, but I thougth it is only for RGB-Matrix stuff :shock:

The fixture is not perfekt for two heads and

channel 20 - color temperatur - Itensety
should probably be
channel 20 - color temperatur - color

because it changes the color. Well, I will need some time to find out ...
Cheng

the problem got a lot smaler :-) thx

Left is: I can override a "Modes tab" with a different physics, but not the "Head tab". But there are the two heads in one Mode having different physics.
Last edited by Cheng on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MichelSliepenbeek

I didn't really have a look at the fixture definition, i just added the Heads as an example (and removed all the ""Acts On"s).

You are correct that channel 20 better not be defined as intensity (QLC might confuse it with the Master Dimmer).
Maybe you could use Color Macro or Color Mixer.

Unfortunately the user manual does not provide any further details about this channel.
I guess it will go from Warm (about 3200 K) to Neutral (about 6000k - 6500 K) to Cold (about 9000 K) .
Have a look at the first table in this tutorial https://planetpixelemporium.com/tutoria ... light.html.

Let's suppose that Neutral eguals DMX Value 128, then you can set it up as: 0 - 128 = Warm to Neutral and 129 - 255 = Neutral to Cold.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Cheng

Well, this does not change the fact, that I can not override a "Head tab" with a different physics.

And ligth simualtion is not working with a defined head

so this stays open. thx for the rest.

edit: ligth simulation with two heads works at QLC+4, but not QLC+5
MichelSliepenbeek

As a workaround you could also set your fixture up like they were two separate fixtures.

In 23 channel mode you create 2 fixture definitions: one that covers channels 1 to 13 (call it MH Spot) and one that covers channels 14 to 23 (call it wash).
That way you can use "different physics".
Cheng

The washer could not move then! But well, I could use channel 1-5 and 14-23. In this case the simulation works, but not the live act.