Found a couple of issues with Beta 3!

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
PurpleBanana

Hi! My name's Owen, it's great to be a part of this community!

I've been playing around with the new Beta 3 release, and I must say, I am impressed! Congrats to everyone who worked on getting it released!

I have however discovered a couple of issues!

My device is a Lenovo ThinkPad E15 running an Intel Core i7-10510U with 8GB RAM. I am running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. OS build 22621.3007

The issues I have encountered are as follows!
  • When running a show file. The audio and visuals get progressively further out of sync the longer they play for, but only in the 3D view, when running in 2D view, DMX view and console view, everything works exactly as expected!
  • If you select two fixtures, each with a different value for the intensity, when you open the intensity menu, you get a slider with a range of -255 to 255 rather than 0 to 255.
  • Once you have added a fixture to your stage, the button to remove it from the stage causes the app to crash instantly.
  • When you have a scene/function selected, if you accidentally press a mouse button more than once within a second or so, the app crashes.
  • When you open the UI settings menu, the close button doesn't work so you have to close the app to get back to the normal screen! That one is rather funny :P
  • There is very little difference in appearance when in the 3D renderer and choosing between quality levels
I did come across a couple of other ones but I'm a bit tight for time at the moment so I might write the rest of them up some other time!

I did of course come across the same issue that many before me have come across, ambient light doesn't work!

I know that is quite a lot of stuff, but I hope this maybe helps a bit!
Yestalgia

Thanks for the write-up and feedback - there are definitely a few issues on Windows that need attention.