Relative dimming via RGB matrix

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
maartenvd84

Hi,

I stole an idea I liked on this forum: creating an rgb matrix animation that allows to perform relative dimming of an RGB device. The person that created it did it like this:
- Pattern: plain color
- Control mode: RGB
- Blend mode: Subtractive
- Color: gradient of black (changing in function of how much 'dimming' should be applied)

See below.
Relative dimmer decrease.png
Works like a charm, as long as your RGB device isn't using any other channels like white/amber/UV/...
I realize the function is called RGB, but I was wondering if anyone managed to get this same principle working also with RGBW(AUV) devices.
Tried playing around with control mode: 'white' and 'dimmer' but doesn't seem to respond. Doing something wrong here, or just a limitation of RGB matrices?

Code: Select all

<Function ID="394" Type="RGBMatrix" Name="All Intensity -0.25" Path="01.Intensity " BlendMode="Subtractive">
   <Speed FadeIn="0" FadeOut="0" Duration="500"/>
   <Direction>Forward</Direction>
   <RunOrder>Loop</RunOrder>
   <Algorithm Type="Plain"/>
   <MonoColor>4282400832</MonoColor>
   <ControlMode>RGB</ControlMode>
   <FixtureGroup>5</FixtureGroup>
  </Function>
Thx,
Maarten
That dude that enjoys the lightshow more than the actual concert :-) . Beginner QLC+ user.
GGGss

Maarten,

What is your aim? Relative dimming can be effectuated easily by using a submaster inside the frame your functions are started (or with the help of a loopback channel into multiple frames)...
OT: when I hold hands onto RGB(WA+UV) fixtures, I enrich my looks by adding those non-supported color emitters and have the whole fixture dimmed by the master dimmer...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore