Automatic Address Assignment

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
grandpapaul

I’m new to QLS+. I have created a new light profile a Aimkap slim Par (7 channels) which I have then added to the fixtures file and then added to the main window as a fixture which it automatically gives an address of 1 but does not give a range as I would have expected. If I then switch to the simple desk page I can control the fixture with the faders. However if I add a second fixture of the same profile it’s given an address as 2 and not 8 as I would have expected I did not program any gap between each address and on the simple desk it has overwritten the ones already there and none of the faders work. Does any one have any advice on what I need to do (check) to ensure that the second and subsequent fixtures, I have 6 in all, to get the system to give the correct starting and finishing address for each fixture.
Thanks in advance
mcallegari

No idea how QLS+ works, but in QLC+ the fixture definition must follow a few design rules.
Since you haven't shared your custom definition file, I cannot help any further.
grandpapaul

Sorry for the typo I meant QLC+, I’m afraid I don’t know how to share the file you mention. Can you advise ?
mcallegari

Depending on your OS you will find the definition file in a folder indicated in the documentation:
https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-definition-editor